oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I’d also happily sell Browne, Johnson or Saville. Although can’t imagine we would get many takers!

We're not getting our money back on Saville, and he's not out of contract in the summer.

Johnson has actually been half decent this season, but I think he'd go if we could get a fee.

Browne hasn't had a proper chance yet, he's only started 5 games and has amassed a grand total of 418 minutes of league football for us. He cost next to nothing too.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

I’d suggest that he’s happy to an extent but if a prem’ club comes in - with the potential for higher wages - he’d be happier to move, you think? 

All things considered, I don't think he was happy at West Ham. I think he wanted to leave when he did and he's in the form of his career. He surely more than anything wants to play and whilst we're offering him good money, you'd 100% understand him standing firm here.

If they want to play him, then sure, I think he'd jump at that. But I suspect given their interest is continued beyond them sacking and hiring a new manager, it's absolutely nothing to do with the manager just wanting to sign him to play him. The club wants another good keeper and probably couldn't give a toss whether it's Randolph or someone else.

Just now, RiseSirAxlRose said:

Over here as in Ireland? 

Yes. I’m from Bray Co. Wicklow. The same town as Randolph. I know both of his parents fairly well.

Just now, thatoldchestnut said:

It seems like we want rid, because we cant afford his wages.

I think we all don’t know *** but my own gut says, we don’t want to sell him, why would you want to sell him u less you’ll get an inflated price for him, which I doubt we will. 

I’ll be AMAZED if someone from his camp hasn’t started the gentle ripple effect with wanting out. All wrapped up in a ‘I love Boro I do’ stance. Money money money.. 

9 minutes ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

I’m still not convinced about Pears as our main keeper, I’d only sell Randolph if he wanted to go. If he does, we’ll struggle to get more than 3Mil I feel. Pears could be a good keeper in time and it feels he’ll have both his dads strengths and weaknesses! Can’t catch a ball like his dad!! Canny shot stopper mind.. 

centre half 

centre forward 

creative midfielder please! 

I definitely think people are overegging how well Pears is playing, he's been decent back up but a good number of his saves have been nervy and he's managed to hold on to very few of them.

Most of his clean sheets have been in games where he's barely faced a shot.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's playing badly, but his highlight reel for the season would be very short so far.

8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

All things considered, I don't think he was happy at West Ham. I think he wanted to leave when he did and he's in the form of his career. He surely more than anything wants to play and whilst we're offering him good money, you'd 100% understand him standing firm here.

If they want to play him, then sure, I think he'd jump at that. But I suspect given their interest is continued beyond them sacking and hiring a new manager, it's absolutely nothing to do with the manager just wanting to sign him to play him. The club wants another good keeper and probably couldn't give a toss whether it's Randolph or someone else.

I get that. But playing in the bottom half of the championship - and relegation places/fight when he was last playing - hardly seems sufficient to justify him getting a regular slot imo. But hey, who knows, maybe he loves the boro 🙂 

Just now, RiseSirAxlRose said:

Have his parents said anything? 

Yes. He’s very settled at Boro and doesn’t want to leave. He definitely doesn’t want to go to West Ham as he didn’t like it there. He is also delighted to be Ireland number one and wants to remain as first choice.

I’ve only realised that you are relatively new to the forum. I have said this before. He wants to stay at Boro

12 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I think Johnson has done well this season and Saville finally seems to be finding some form. 

I’d say he’s done ok at best! He’s had the odd decent game, a few poor ones and idiotically cost us a nearly certain win. If a team were to offer us money for him I’d happily take it. 

Likewise for Saville. It’s taken him 18 months to have a couple of half decent games. If we can recoup any of the fee we paid for him, bite their hands off!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I definitely think people are overegging how well Pears is playing, he's been decent back up but a good number of his saves have been nervy and he's managed to hold on to very few of them.

Most of his clean sheets have been in games where he's barely faced a shot.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's playing badly, but his highlight reel for the season would be very short so far.

This. All day long. He’s done ok.

“he’s one of our own”

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Yes. He’s very settled at Boro and doesn’t want to leave. He definitely doesn’t want to go to West Ham as he didn’t like it there. He is also delighted to be Ireland number one and wants to remain as first choice.

I’ve only realised that you are relatively new to the forum. I have said this before. He wants to stay at Boro

So you don’t think he’ll go in Jan then mate?