oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

6 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Scouting team recommended Marcus Maddison but woodgate refused transfer fee for various reasons.

Randolph doesn't want to leave for West Ham but may not have a choice especially as Boro are happy to have pears as number 1 with recent form ( I don't agree as I don't think pears has really been tested and more credit should go to our defence).

Jack Clarke - pushing hard along with Ben Gibson but that depends on if we get some funds from player sales.

Shotton is off back to Midlands to either Stoke or wigan

Total b*llocks, Wigan isn't in the Midlands!! 😉

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Know what any of the various reasons are? Very curious on that one.

That he didn't want us to spend money on the lad when he's out of contract in the summer I'd guess?  Especially if we're getting other people in on loan.

Shotton almost went to Wigan on deadline day, so that makes sense. Stoke too. Don't begrudge him that move at all either, despite his flaws he's performed his best game in and game out.

Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

I just didn't want him or Wigan associated with my neck of the woods! 

Down South isn’t in the midlands either 😡

Randolph is at the stage in the career he only has like a few more seasons left so why will he want to spend it sitting on West Hams bench like he was before he came to Boro. I mean he would like to play in the premiership but as number 1 not second fiddle bench warmer that unless the number 1 gets injured or commits some howlers the only opportunity given is in the cup.

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn’t entertain anything under 6 million for Randolph and ideally 10 million. I know both figures are ridiculously high (And clearly we won’t achieve them) but I’d say he’s our best player. We’ll not replace him at that level; at the level we’re at.

Imagine getting a back up keeper to Pears man! 😂 Jesus. We’ll get 3.5 million for him, it’ll be viewed a financial success. Bookmark this. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Randolph is at the stage in the career he only has like a few more seasons left so why will he want to spend it sitting on West Hams bench like he was before he came to Boro. I mean he would like to play in the premiership but as number 1 not second fiddle bench warmer that unless the number 1 gets injured or commits some howlers the only opportunity given is in the cup.

For more wages as you say, at this stage in his career? 

Just now, RiseSirAxlRose said:

For more wages as you say, at this stage in his career? 

I think Randolph is fortunate enough to of accumulated enough money to try and spend the time left to create abit of sporting legacy either helping the Boro get promoted or international helping Ireland reach a world cup.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

I think Randolph is fortunate enough to of accumulated enough money to try and spend the time left to create abit of sporting legacy either helping the Boro get promoted or international helping Ireland reach a world cup.

Spot on