• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Gary Mills or David Mills?

Gary Mills - not sure where the connection is.

David Mills is the Chief scout at Leicester and ex boro but it was definately Gary Mills that spoke to Woody.

My simplistic attempt at save percentage for Pears, which is probably innacurate is that he's let in 11 goals from 53 shots on target this season. Randolph has conceded 21 goals from 59 shots on target.

Obviously this ignores defenders, own goals, and doesn't necessarily account for how culpable the keeper was for the goal, but Pears actually holds up pretty well in regards to shots faced. Which I'm surprised by, I thought Randolph would have faced far more.

@DavidSJourno: MIDDLESBROUGH. Now favourites to sign Billy Sharp on loan. Wilder doesn’t want him to leave but  Woodgate is a big fan and wants him in. #Boro

Can’t see this being true but if we’re discussing a deal with Sheffield United could be used as a makeweight from their side. 

Just now, diggerlad07 said:

That joke has no legs....

You are getting floury now (just thought I’d stick the Odlums one back in there)

I’ll get my coat .........

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Gary Mills - not sure where the connection is.

David Mills is the Chief scout at Leicester and ex boro but it was definately Gary Mills that spoke to Woody.

Gary mills managed him at Gateshead

• Like 1

For what it is worth i dont think the boro player Sheff Utd may want is Britt. They have 5 strikers in Mousett, McBurnie, Robinson, McGoldrick and Sharp. First 3 signed in summer for a combined fee of near £40m i think. 

If i was to take a guess i would say Paddy. Pretty sure they were linked with him in summer and they play a system which Wilder might see Paddy as fitting perfectly in to. Either in a 3 man defence or as 1 of the 2 central midfielderd.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, CWC said:

@DavidSJourno: MIDDLESBROUGH. Now favourites to sign Billy Sharp on loan. Wilder doesn’t want him to leave but  Woodgate is a big fan and wants him in. #Boro

Can’t see this being true but if we’re discussing a deal with Sheffield United could be used as a makeweight from their side. 

Interesting. Especially if Britt is the one that they are interested in. It would make sense for both sides

7 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Interesting. Especially if Britt is the one that they are interested in. It would make sense for both sides

Surely they wouldn’t want Britt!? Hardly fits in to Sheffield United’s mantra of ‘bags of heart and steel’ - doubt he’d have enough character to pour the tea there! 

That said, please be true. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

I don’t understand, genuinely, ‘reports on here’? Aren’t they all opinions, realistically?

Some of it is genuine information being fed out into posters on here. Sometimes it's hit, sometimes it's miss and it's pretty much always difficult to confirm one way or another as obviously the people involved don't want to be caught passing info out. But as seen with the Roberts transfer just in the last day or so in here, if you only listened to the facts you'd probably be one of the last to hear about it.

7 minutes ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

I may well be wrong, I can’t see the club being that stupid enough to ‘cash in’ on 3-4 million on our best player, to have Pears as number one. Frightening if true. 

It's not stupid if we need to sell to improve elsewhere and reduce the wage bill. That's the most important factor in pretty much any of our outgoings, not the fee we bring in. We really badly need to reduce the wage bill and sometimes you need to sell for less than you want to in order to do that. I'd like to think we'd get value for money in transferring Randolph away from the club too but I just don't see it happening this January.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Some of it is genuine information being fed out into posters on here. Sometimes it's hit, sometimes it's miss and it's pretty much always difficult to confirm one way or another as obviously the people involved don't want to be caught passing info out. But as seen with the Roberts transfer just in the last day or so in here, if you only listened to the facts you'd probably be one of the last to hear about it.

It's not stupid if we need to sell to improve elsewhere and reduce the wage bill. That's the most important factor in pretty much any of our outgoings, not the fee we bring in. We really badly need to reduce the wage bill and sometimes you need to sell for less than you want to in order to do that. I'd like to think we'd get value for money in transferring Randolph away from the club too but I just don't see it happening this January.

Thanks for the explanation. As a rule I generally think people who elude to knowing something, probably know *** all but im new here so clearly don’t understand who’s who. 

I obviously understand the final point you make mate, and to a large extent I agree with it, but I still think cutting the wage bill from one player (not matter how big that one wage is) isn’t overly savvy if you’re loosing games and revenue. I say this well aware of the last 4 results without him but maybe it speaks more about me, and the major reservations I have about Pears. Who knows. I do disagree with one point though. I think he’s gone in January. 

Strangely enough we’re actually favourites to sign Billy Sharp on SkyBet. To go with the other links on here, we’re also very much favourites for Jack Clarke.