• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Contrary to the normal itk on here, but heard the move for Roberts early might be our only business of the window. Rest totally reliant on outs, if any at all

No offence mate but this is one instance where I really desperately hope you are wrong!!

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm not that shocked that others are dependent on outs if that's the case but I also pretty much expect outs too so I suspect we might add one or two more.

Well yeah, that's it isn't it?  We know we are trying to sell players and we aren't going to be bringing in lots of new ones without doing so.  We've all known this for months, haven't we?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nunthorpered said:

Contrary to the normal itk on here, but heard the move for Roberts early might be our only business of the window. Rest totally reliant on outs, if any at all

I actually wouldn't be too disappointed with that, decent signing who can add another dimension to us whilst keeping Britt

3 hours ago, Skinemrippers said:

I think it’s a real shame if we’re forcing our best player (and the best GK we’ve had for years) out of the club for £4m. I can’t imagine he’s the highest paid player here either. 

I think our fans need to realise that £4m is a lot of money too us now, championship clubs are teetering on the edge financially. I wouldn't be surprised if we had more situations like Bolton, nearly every club in the league is running at a loss

Excited for the rest of the season now we have Roberts.

Really hope we don't sell Randolph. I think he genuinely likes it here and he's been absolute class these past seasons. Pears is decent but still untested, if we did make the playoffs I'd much rather have Randolph for those games alone. Understand we need the money though, would probably rather see Britt leave (even though I'm a fan).

Selling to buy is the reality all clubs live with and every  choice made comes with risks, no one knows the true extent of factors which will decide if players are sold but I’m really against the selling of key players unless it staves of administration/liquidation or the player is going to leave and going now is better all round. It’s now almost 20 years since I’ve felt we had a first choice keeper who if was injured had back up that was of a comparable standard. Keeping Randolph at the club should be done at almost all costs, I rate Pears highly he has proved he can stand in at this level and if needed become the no1 but if we sell Randolph and Pears got injured then I think we would be on that well known creak without a paddle when we could have been on a nice clean river in a powered boat with a well stocked fridge all because we took a decision we didn’t need too.

If we need to raise funds to bring in new faces to fill the gaps in the squad we obviously have then I’m possibly in a small minority but I’d sacrifice selling or swapping other high earners first. 

5 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

That's more or less what I heard apart from Jack Clarke loan.

Ben Gibson will happen if Randolph goes

• Like 1

Really happy to wake up and find out Roberts has signed, that's a really good bit of business.

I hope we can keep hold of Randolph too but it looks like we're wanting players in for positions that need strengthening and if you can sell one player to finance a few loans then it makes perfect sense.

If Gibson happens then I worry either Ayala or Fry are off.

9 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I definitely think people are overegging how well Pears is playing, he's been decent back up but a good number of his saves have been nervy and he's managed to hold on to very few of them.

Most of his clean sheets have been in games where he's barely faced a shot.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's playing badly, but his highlight reel for the season would be very short so far.

Agree with this. I thought he was fortunate on a couple of occasions against Preston. Good reactions but sure could do with getting more clearance with the ball if he can't hold on to it.

7 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

haha apologies. Im Buddy the Elf really, just relaying what i heard from a pretty good source

I sort of expected it to be honest, I understand what our current money situation is like. Your timing just couldn't have been any worse haha, just as everyone is getting excited 😂😂

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BoroAbroad said:

Agree with this. I thought he was fortunate on a couple of occasions against Preston. Good reactions but sure could do with getting more clearance with the ball if he can't hold on to it.

Away man that’s harsh, 7 clean sheets in 12 in his first season for his hometown club what more does he have to do. There’s bound to be some nerves there, especially as a keeper where you can’t hide behind your teammates and every potential mistake is a howler.