oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

5 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

It’s a great contract for Randolph of course but does anyone else think £5m is low considering we bought him as a reserve keeper and is now leaving for the same price we bought him for as the best keeper in the league? Can’t help but think we could’ve done better 

Agree totally but this is the problem when you sell because you need to rather than because you choose to. I have no inside info so just going off posters on here but it sounds like we really need the money. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

It’s a great contract for Randolph of course but does anyone else think £5m is low considering we bought him as a reserve keeper and is now leaving for the same price we bought him for as the best keeper in the league? Can’t help but think we could’ve done better 

He can’t get into our first team, can’t even get on the bench, £5m for our third choice keeper seems a good deal 😃

15 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

He can’t get into our first team, can’t even get on the bench, £5m for our third choice keeper seems a good deal 😃

It’s not ability keeping him out of the team. He’s still the best we have. Just that JW wants the money as he feels we can strengthen more with the cash generated 

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Pears has done a good job, but let's not get carried away. His distribution is better than Randolph and he commands his box better, but his tendency to punch rather than catch and spilling shots back into the area are a concern.

He's a bit like Dimi in that the defence has had far more to do with his clean sheets than he has.

He has made a few crucial saves in the last two games, and he'll only get better as he plays more games. Could be our #1 keeper for years to come.

It's how keepers are taught to play these days regarding his choice to punch, you tend to see if a lot from younger keepers

3 minutes ago, Uwe said:

It’s not ability keeping him out of the team. He’s still the best we have. Just that JW wants the money as he feels we can strengthen more with the cash generated 

Of course, but it’s very unusual not to pick players unless there is a bid on the table, Randolph has been out for weeks. 
 Surely he would have played under most normal circumstances, unless he’s the mystery player who is suing the club for being bought back from injury too early.

FWIW I don’t think he is that player, so it seems over cautious, not to play him. 

11 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Of course, but it’s very unusual not to pick players unless there is a bid on the table, Randolph has been out for weeks. 
 Surely he would have played under most normal circumstances, unless he’s the mystery player who is suing the club for being bought back from injury too early.

FWIW I don’t think he is that player, so it seems over cautious, not to play him. 

The mystery player isn't Randolph, but he is almost certainly not going to play for the club again.