oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

Evening All,

Had a busy day at work. Will someone kindly summarise latest on incoming and outgoings please?

I know we signed a young striker from City ut that is all i know. Any strong rumours or ITK info been shared today?

Thank you.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Evening All,

Had a busy day at work. Will someone kindly summarise latest on incoming and outgoings please?

I know we signed a young striker from City ut that is all i know. Any strong rumours or ITK info been shared today?

Thank you.

It seems Jack Clarke is discussing a move here according to ITK, Mourinho and Sky with all of them hinting at it in a way.

Howson is a player I want tied down solely for his versatility. It's not like we have many players that can play RB, RWB, CB, CM, CAM and play to a decent standard in all of them.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Anyone any ideas on what the Britt story will be tomorrow morning?

The fact they didn’t put it up with the other stuff suggests it will be something significant 

10 minutes ago, BoroYorkie said:

Giving Howson a new contract is a must for me. Gives everything on the pitch no matter what is asked of him. That’s the sort of player I want around all the young players coming through. 

The thing for me with Howson is that I don't think he necessarily produced or was effective at what he was bought for. If we had a full complement of defenders he may have struggled to get into the team at times, even as a midfielder, which is what he was bought for. That said, Woodgate loves him and if he were to accept a contract that we can afford, commensurate with status of a utility player I am all for it. 

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Howson is a player I want tied down solely for his versatility. It's not like we have many players that can play RB, RWB, CB, CM, CAM and play to a decent standard in all of them.

No bugger on here seems to want him to play in midfield though? 

Let's say we extend Howson but can't get Ayala done, the people on here who are so insistent we sign Howson will be fine with him and Fry as our central defensive partnership next season?  I know I wouldn't be.

Versatility is a fair point as long as you're comfortable starting that player in any of those positions otherwise to me it doesn't make much sense.  But again, I suppose if the contract is right for us then it's less of an issue.  It's just not an important one for me in the great scheme of things.

4 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

The fact they didn’t put it up with the other stuff suggests it will be something significant 

They are just going into more detail about the story I broke earlier regarding his new role as a photographer for the club's social media.  The headline will be 'SAY CHEESE' and it will be a picture of Britt with one of his trademark 'I've just missed a good chance' smirky smiles.  The Boro goal scoring ace says that he decided to take on the job when he realised that his photo shooting was better than his football shooting.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

They are just going into more detail about the story I broke earlier regarding his new role as a photographer for the club's social media.  The headline will be 'SAY CHEESE' and it will be a picture of Britt with one of his trademark 'I've just missed a good chance' smirky smiles.  The Boro goal scoring ace says that he decided to take on the job when he realised that his photo shooting was better than his football shooting.

This is not a like... but🇩🇰