oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Why have we not signed Akinfenwa yet!

I really like him, TBF. Seems to have a good attitude, always gives his best, and the kids at Wycombe really look up to him. I know he's a limited player, and obviously there's a reason he's always been in the lower leagues, but I'd much rather have him coming on for the last 20 minutes against tired defenders than Gestede (despite his wonderful goal the other day).

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Anyone know what exactly has changed in the recruitment team apart from the obvious? Was bevington really making that much of a mess of things haha. Whatever has happened well done to the club for getting it sorted!

4 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I really like him, TBF. Seems to have a good attitude, always gives his best, and the kids at Wycombe really look up to him. I know he's a limited player, and obviously there's a reason he's always been in the lower leagues, but I'd much rather have him coming on for the last 20 minutes against tired defenders than Gestede (despite his wonderful goal the other day).

I didn’t anticipate such a long reply🤯

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Anyone know what exactly has changed in the recruitment team apart from the obvious? Was bevington really making that much of a mess of things haha. Whatever has happened well done to the club for getting it sorted!

Clearly he wasn't as he had only been here for 18 months and we had problems long before that not to mention that as he's only just left it would seem a bit unlikely to me to think that we've suddenly implemented these changes.  Maybe it's got something to do with agents or something?

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Clearly he wasn't as he had only been here for 18 months and we had problems long before that not to mention that as he's only just left it would seem a bit unlikely to me to think that we've suddenly implemented these changes.  Maybe it's got something to do with agents or something?

I’d say Kenyon is using his contacts and it was probably him who wanted Bevington out of the way 

• Like 2

I'd see the internal rumblings about Kenyon helping out in recruitment area has something to do with it alongside probably usage of an agent.

I know gibson has never been a fan but I bet with kenyons contacts some deal has been struck and flood gates have opened my guess.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

The thing is he’s a good squad player, comfortable all over the pitch from right forward to left back. I’d rather have him available than Bola.

I’m sure most of us would rather sell Bola. We would all (before the last 2 matches) love to sell Rudy too but there’s a lot more to it than that. To name a few...

- amount of wages freed up

- interest in the player

- potential fee

- contract expiration date

45 minutes ago, xathras said:

I'd see the internal rumblings about Kenyon helping out in recruitment area has something to do with it alongside probably usage of an agent.

I know gibson has never been a fan but I bet with kenyons contacts some deal has been struck and flood gates have opened my guess.

Would make sense I guess, I’d forgot about Kenyon. It’s just so annoying we only ever seem to get our backside into gear when we are down and out rather than when we actually have money to spend. But I suppose it’s fixed (for now) which is all that matters.

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

No bugger on here seems to want him to play in midfield though? 

Let's say we extend Howson but can't get Ayala done, the people on here who are so insistent we sign Howson will be fine with him and Fry as our central defensive partnership next season?  I know I wouldn't be.

Versatility is a fair point as long as you're comfortable starting that player in any of those positions otherwise to me it doesn't make much sense.  But again, I suppose if the contract is right for us then it's less of an issue.  It's just not an important one for me in the great scheme of things.

That's a leap. 

I want to sign him because I think his versatility is incredibly useful in a tough Championship campaign.

Tell me where anyone has said they want him to be the first choice CB pairing with Fry.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Well the 2nd signing was a bit unexpected! We seem to be very focused in wrapping deals up early. 

Be interesting to see where Nmecha ends up playing position wise. Out wide or up top.

Woodgate said Roberts can play off the right or as a no.10 and Nmecha can play as a no.10 or a no.9. I would expect Roberts to play off the right cutting in given he left footed and I would expect Nmecha to be a no.9 type striker.

• Like 1