• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I think I might be in the minority, but think we need to add some permanent transfers in to start building the numbers up for next season rather than on wages for players from other clubs.

I agree with this, if our budget for permanent transfers is just £2m, spending most of it on a 6 month loan just seems pointless. Guess it depends on what might be made available in the summer.

If I’m right our ffp quota thing resets this financial year? If true Gibson may have more room to spend a bit more and with Kenyon knocking about maybe that’s the plan.

• Like 1

Regarding our position with FFP restrictions, does anyone know where we are regarding this?

I know it’s a 3 year accounting period but is it a fixed accounting period like the tax year where it starts and ends on a fixed date? Ie eachyears figures are taken from the end of each years summer window closing date?

My query on this is regardless of whether the club had ££££ in the bank if we hit the limit  we couldn’t spend more without risking the wrath of the Consistently applied FL sanctions, Or is its more flexible system whereby we know if we spent £15m in Jan 2017 that £15m drops off the FFP figure in jan 2020 so we can spend £15m in jan 2020 and still be ok rather than potentially being £15m over budget.

12 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I agree with this, if our budget for permanent transfers is just £2m, spending most of it on a 6 month loan just seems pointless. Guess it depends on what might be made available in the summer.

If I’m right our ffp quota thing resets this financial year? If true Gibson may have more room to spend a bit more and with Kenyon knocking about maybe that’s the plan.

Doesn't reset as such mate... just the next yr of a 3yr cycle... but as our 1st year of FFP had massive outlay it should mean some wriggle room.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, scotty189 said:

If randolf goes we deffo need to bring an experienced keeper too challenge pears, any suggestions Darlow, button, hart, pantillimon? 

Think all of those would be after decent money and probably not happy to be 2nd choice, would sort of defeat the purpose of selling Randolph in the first place. 

1 minute ago, scotty189 said:

If randolf goes we deffo need to bring an experienced keeper too challenge pears, any suggestions Darlow, button, hart, pantillimon? 

What about that keeper who West Ham wanted on loan if Randolph deal doesn’t go thru, I cannot remember the name but sure he out on loan in one of the Stans, ( not Accrington) 

4 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Doesn't reset as such mate... just the next yr of a 3yr cycle... but as our 1st year of FFP had massive outlay it should mean some wriggle room.

Doesn’t it mean we have another 3 years before we get ‘audited’ again or whatever? So technically we can make a £100m loss next season and not get fined for it until 2023. I’m no expert on ffp though so probably wrong haha.

I don't think a keeper should be priority if Randolph leaves. It takes guts to stick with young players, but Pears has earned his place in the side. He's not the finished product. He's not infallible. But he's done what's been asked of him. 

Mejias is fine as cover. An emergency loan is always an option with a keeper too, if needed.

I think it's vital we add at least one permeant transfer who adds something to the squad and something for us to carry on building with next season. Ben Gibson or no, I'd not be spending £2m on a loan fee for any player at this stage and with our finances. 

Hopefully we've scouted sides like Rochdale, Coventry and Colchester who've brought through some solid young talents in recent years. I wanted Macaulay Bonne in the summer (ex-Colchester, then Leyton Orient), and he's done well at Charlton. Frankie Kent has looked good at Portsmouth. Rochdale's young lads have proven themselves against Newcastle today. There's a lot of talent in the football league, and it's there for nurturing at Boro's benefit. 

Just now, LinoJo3 said:

Doesn’t it mean we have another 3 years before we get ‘audited’ again or whatever? So technically we can make a £100m loss next season and not get fined for it until 2023. I’m no expert on ffp though so probably wrong haha.

It’s a rolling 3 years, so you’re assessed every year based on the last 3 years.

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Our first year also had huge parachute payments and sales. Without parachute money the next two years will be tough but get shotton, Randolph, Gestede and Britt off the books will go a long way in repairing that. 

58 minutes ago, Naisby said:

I know it’s a 3 year accounting period but is it a fixed accounting period like the tax year where it starts and ends on a fixed date? Ie eachyears figures are taken from the end of each years summer window closing date?

It is defined by each Football clubs 12 month accouting period. Ours is July to June if I recall correctly. The April to March period is the Government's own defined 12 month accounting period. 

As a business you have free reign to choose as long as it encompasses a full 12 months. Most UK businesses either use January to December (to tie in with the Calender year) or they will run in line with the Government's tax year (April to March).

Most football clubs use June or July as that is often the start of a new season.

Edit: Clubs can choose when their FFP period starts. Sorry for the long winded reply! 

Edited by DanFromDownSouth

Re spending the Randolph money on a Gibson loan.. I think this will depend on Steve gibsons view of our current circumstances.

We all know about his penchant for rolling the dice when it comes to promotion. If hes looked at our form over the last two months and decided a couple of really good loans would be enough to keep it going and potentially into the play offs then I think hell do it. 

If Randolph is current earning 30k a week, that comes to about 2.5mil over the course of his 18 month deal plus 5.2mil if correct, this would not represent as much of a gamble as previous play off pushes and also still leaves cash left over for permanent deals in the summer where you unquestionably get better value for money.

It's all speculation but based on Gibsons past dealings, I'd say this wont be far off his train of thought.