• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Talk of a £80m bid for Adama Traore from Man City this morning, really could’ve done with the sell-on fee with that one 😶

The Boro always seem to sell players for far too cheap I know he had a release clause but it was our own stupid fault for allowing a measly £18 million fee to be inserted it was obvious he was a £50 million plus player in the making.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

The Boro always seem to sell players for far too cheap I know he had a release clause but it was our own stupid fault for allowing a measly £18 million fee to be inserted it was obvious he was a £50 million plus player in the making.

probably wouldn't have signed without some sort of release

9 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

So obvious that Villa sold him on for a tenth of that.

9 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

probably wouldn't have signed without some sort of release

Kinda true but just feel we we're a Premiership club at the time so could of been abit more demanding. Just a shame as feel the Boro aren't going to be repaid for the crucial part in his development. 

12 minutes ago, macapes said:

So obvious that Villa sold him on for a tenth of that.

They got Adomar who played very well for them 

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Kinda true but just feel we we're a Premiership club at the time so could of been abit more demanding. Just a shame as feel the Boro aren't going to be repaid for the crucial part in his development. 

They got Adomar who played very well for them 

Adomah therefore worth swapping for a future £50m?   Give over.  If it was obvious, others would have been in for him, Barca wouldn't have released him - or would have bought him back - and we wouldn't have had him for so little, relatively.

£18m was a pipe dream when we signed the headless chicken.

21 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

4mil + what we owe has been written off

Thank you mate. I can live with that fee. Give Pears a run until end of season and then reassess. Pears has done well in terms of clean sheets but not really been tested yet but deserves the jersey until May at least.

Happy with loan signings thus far plus hopefully Clarke but if we can add 1 or 2 permanent this window that be good. Plenty of positions will need filling in summer so if we can fill 1 or 2 in Jan that be welcome.

To be fair with Traore we couldn't really do much about his release clause. Although I'm not sure if we actually wanted to keep him or we were glad for the money considering the financial issues the last couple of seasons.

13 minutes ago, macapes said:

Adomah therefore worth swapping for a future £50m?   Give over.  If it was obvious, others would have been in for him, Barca wouldn't have released him - or would have bought him back - and we wouldn't have had him for so little, relatively.

£18m was a pipe dream when we signed the headless chicken.

Since the moment he came on against Tottenham and run passed their whole defence I knew he was special. Just required alot of training that Pulis provided. Villa didn't want to put this level of long term 1 too 1 coaching into him as just wanted short term promotion that nearly payed off with Adomar.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

Since the moment he came on against Tottenham and run passed their whole defence I knew he was special. Just required alot of training that Pulis provided. Villa didn't want to put this level of long term 1 too 1 coaching into him as just wanted short term promotion that nearly payed off with Adomar.

This. 

He was the very definition of a rough diamond, all the physical gifts any footballer could ask for and dribbling that is only matched by the best players in the world. It was always a case of when he got it all together not if for me.

• Like 5