oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/06/west-ham-agree-to-sign-darren-randolph-from-middlesbrough-for-4m-gedson-fernandes

Randolph confirmation from the Guardian, the fee makes sense we just split the difference in the valuations. Hopefully reinvest a little of it on a permanent signing and good luck to Randolph he's a top GK.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Good luck to him, he's been brilliant for us but I'm happy with Pears to remain in goal. Could maybe do with loaning a keeper incase of injury to Pears or Mejias though.

• Like 1

Anderlecht are willing to let Bubacar Sanneh go on loan. He was an absolute monster in the Danish league before making a big move to Anderlecht (CT and DZ are going to love this). Things haven't been well for him there with internal problems in the club, management merry-go-round and an inflated fee (8mil pounds). Had a failed loan move in Turkey for the first 6 months of this season. Reckon he would be a cheap-ish cover and would thrive in the Championship. Strong as an ox, brilliant with his head and decent pace. But might still just be too much of a gamble considering how little he has played the last year or so.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

We want to be wary of ending up with too many loan players at the end of January. 

Yep. Can't just fill the team with loans. Will leave massive gaps in the squad when some of the out of contract players also leave in the summer. Too big a project for one window. I'm hoping the Randolph sale, and likely also Shotton, will allow us to extend the contracts of Howson and Ayala and spend some money on 1-2 permanent transfers.

• Like 1
Just now, thatoldchestnut said:

Two, but three if Clarke comes in then four if Ben Gibson arrives.

and if this happens our transfer window will have been the best for some time, our season looks on the up, worry about the loans going back if and when 🙂