oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

If we get the loan players in we want I’d be tempted to just keep the money till summer, unless there’s a gem we want to bring in who would really improve us.

I could see us going for Maddison though going by what people have said on here the last couple of weeks.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Foogle said:

If we have all of Nmecha, Roberts and Clarke who all seem to be attacking midfielders/strikers. Will we be seeing the 3-4-2-1/3-4-3 we played against Tottenham again with any 2 of Tav, Nmecha, Roberts, Clarke and Browne in the position behind the striker?

Browne is evidently off out on loan.

4 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

If we get the loan players in we want I’d be tempted to just keep the money till summer, unless there’s a gem we want to bring in who would really improve us.

I could see us going for Maddison though going by what people have said on here the last couple of weeks.

Lewis Wing played a really nice no10 away to West Brom as well 

• Like 1

-------------Pears-----------

Spence-Fry-Ayala-Coulson

--------Wing--Howson--------

Roberts-----Tav-----Clarke

----------Fletcher/Britt----------

Pace, tricks and workrate in that lineup. Could also be Howson at RB in some games and then Clayton/Saville in midfield. Wing can also play Tavs position so they can rotate there too. I don't see how Woodgate can bring in Gibson (probably for a lot) and not play with three central defenders, and in that case we suddenly have too many wingers unless he plans on playing Roberts/Clarke as wingbacks.

I know we haven't signed Clarke yet so probably shouldn't start putting him in my lineup.

1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

Lewis Wing played a really nice no10 away to West Brom as well 

Wingy really needs to be the No.10 for me, one of the few players we have who can pick a pass, and needs to be as high up the field as possible, for knock downs just outside the box.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

-------------Pears-----------

Spence-Fry-Ayala-Coulson

--------Wing--Howson--------

Roberts-----Tav-----Clarke

----------Fletcher/Britt----------

Pace, tricks and workrate in that lineup. Could also be Howson at RB in some games and then Clayton/Saville in midfield. Wing can also play Tavs position so they can rotate there too. I don't see how Woodgate can bring in Gibson (probably for a lot) and not play with three central defenders, and in that case we suddenly have too many wingers unless he plans on playing Roberts/Clarke as wingbacks.

I know we haven't signed Clarke yet so probably shouldn't start putting him in my lineup.

No Mcnair in there? I personally think that Howson will go back to right back aswell 

4 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

No Mcnair in there? I personally think that Howson will go back to right back aswell 

I love Howson but if he goes back to RB over Spence Woody needs a slap.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

I love Howson but if he goes back to RB over Spence Woody needs a slap.

I'd personally keep it as a 3 at the back with him in there. He looks class there. Presses quite high and always seems to read the game well to cut out passes 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mfcdanny said:

I'd personally keep it as a 3 at the back with him in there. He looks class there. Presses quite high and always seems to read the game well to cut out passes 

I agree with that, I honestly think he will suit us best becoming a more regular CB for us. We need those and we have plenty of CM!

• Like 1
Just now, Mfcdanny said:

To me it doesn't make sense to sign Roberts and also want Clarke if you're playing with three at the back. Both are classic wingers and I wouldn't want them at wingback over Coulson and Spence.

13 minutes ago, Borodane said:

To me it doesn't make sense to sign Roberts and also want Clarke if you're playing with three at the back. Both are classic wingers and I wouldn't want them at wingback over Coulson and Spence.

I think that's a fair comment... that said what about when we play 4-3-3... both can play as an inside forward.

He’ll go back to some form of 4-3-3 if we get Clarke in to play up with Roberts and Fletch. Tav probably playing as the more advanced of the midfield 3. Imagine that’ll mean Howson moving back into midfield too.