oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

2 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I think that's a fair comment... that said what about when we play 4-3-3... both can play as an inside forward.

I just think that we have been playing with 5 at the back for our best run of games. We looked poor at the back at the start of the season when we were playing 433. Teams  were targeting our full back positions 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I think that's a fair comment... that said what about when we play 4-3-3... both can play as an inside forward.

4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 looks like the most suitable lineup for me if we also get Clarke. But will it bee too offensive if it's Coulson and Spence at full back or will they just have to learn to be more carefull. Both have pace and energy to go up and down.

I dont think we need anymore. CB at a stretch but we have more than one player that can fill in for Ayala if hes long term (probably is by the sound of it).We missed out on Diangana last minute, so we have done what we wanted and filled in that spot now

2 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I honestly think barring a centre half and Clarke do  we need anyone else? 

Agree. Can't see what else, unless we sell Britt. 

1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

I dont think we need anymore. CB at a stretch but we have more than one player that can fill in for Ayala if hes long term (probably is by the sound of it).We missed out on Diangana last minute, so we have done what we wanted and filled in that spot now

We have only brought Roberts in as a winger and it sounds like we are willing to loan out Browne, so if woody wants to play with actual wingers we need another even though we also have Marvin.

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

We have only brought Roberts in as a winger and it sounds like we are willing to loan out Browne, so if woody wants to play with actual wingers we need another even though we also have Marvin.

We won't be playing with wingers now. Hes completely changed the way we play. As long as you have players that can attack they can play out wide anyway. Nmecha fits that mould, as he did at PNE

12 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I think he will go 4231 have a 3 of clarke , tav and Roberts behind fletch or nmetcha.

I’d be annoyed to see fletcher get dropped tbh, also not sure I’d want to see nmecha as a central option after what Preston fans said. 

......howson....Ayala....fry

spence..McNair..Wing/tav...coulson

.....Roberts.............Nmecha

..................fletcher

Surprised to see people dropping Clayton and Saville so quickly. I know it can be tempting to cram as many attackers into a lineup as possible, but that double pivot has made us so much more balanced and solid in recent weeks - which in turn frees up the flair players to attack. 

• Like 2

I don't think he'll play with wingers, he sees Roberts as a 10 or RW and Roberts is super left footed so cuts inside all the time. I imagine we'll play with inside forwards if anything

2 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Surprised to see people dropping Clayton and Saville so quickly. I know it can be tempting to cram as many attackers into a lineup as possible, but that double pivot has made us so much more balanced and solid in recent weeks - which in turn frees up the flair players to attack. 

How is putting 3 forwards in a front 3 ‘cramming in attackers’?

5 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

How is putting 3 forwards in a front 3 ‘cramming in attackers’?

It's not. But have seen several suggested line ups dropping the current two who have been sitting deep (and doing it well) for more attack minded midfielders. Someone has to do the dirty work. 

1 minute ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I wouldn't drop them, they play well together. We also have a good choice of back up or plan B players IMO.