oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

50 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If you value your sanity at all, don't go on Facebook/Twitter regarding the Randolph transfer.

A lot of our fans just don't get it and seem to think we should have been demanding 10mil+ for him.

Idiots.

9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Lmao ThePinkPonce is furious, calling the club a "disgrace from top to bottom" for this deal. I like PP a lot and 9 times out of 10 I tend to agree with him, but I think he's a little over exaggerating on this one!

Should have been looking for more than £4m, I don't think it's outrageous to say that.  Although I'm not on Facebook and Twitter so I'm guessing more than that has been said?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Just now, Changing Times said:

Should have been looking for more than £4m, I don't think it's outrageous to say that.  Although I'm not on Facebook and Twitter so I'm guessing more than that has been said?

We still owe West Ham money for the original transfer which they've scrubbed off so in effect we got more than £4m for him, but people seem to think we should be selling him for double that or keeping hold of him.

The whole reason we've sold him is to get his wages off the books, keeping him and letting his contract run down so he's worth even less while still paying his wages makes literally no sense but people don't seem to be getting that.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Mostly that we shouldn't have settled for anything less than 10m plus which is just ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Lmao ThePinkPonce is furious, calling the club a "disgrace from top to bottom" for this deal. I like PP a lot and 9 times out of 10 I tend to agree with him, but I think he's a little over exaggerating on this one!

It's a really really poor deal for the club. I really dont see how anyone can argue with that. I can see why theres a  necessity with his wages etc, but were still letting our player of the season for the last couple of years go for less than we signed him for and much less than market value and likely replacing him with a kid who's played a handful of games. It's a huge huge risk.

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Mostly that we shouldn't have settled for anything less than 10m plus which is just ridiculous.

I think the point more is that weve allowed ourselves to get in the financial position where were bent over a barrel when it comes to sales. There is no way Randolph is 4mil worth in today's market. Heaton went for 8mil and a major factor there was that Burnley had Pope and hart to replace him. Were letting randolph go as our best player. His market value is 100% 10mil+. 

I personally don’t think it’s too bad a deal. We bought him for £5m we’ve sold him for just over that, he’s 32, he’s a good championship keeper but I can’t see him displacing Fabianski. £5m for a backup keeper?  

Not sure we’ve ever paid that much for one. 

• Like 2

Agree with Billy, he's a keeper not an outfield player. We haven't made a transfer fee loss, and we've made a significant FFP surplus to use in other areas as needed. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I think the point more is that weve allowed ourselves to get in the financial position where were bent over a barrel when it comes to sales. There is no way Randolph is 4mil worth in today's market. Heaton went for 8mil and a major factor there was that Burnley had Pope and hart to replace him. Were letting randolph go as our best player. His market value is 100% 10mil+. 

It is 4 million plus what we owed them which was supposed to be more than 1 million. So we are not making a loss on him. He has very limited top flight experience, unlike Heaton, so there was never going to be a big demand for him. While I too was hoping for closer to 8 mil in the summer the 5+ million isn’t the best but also not the worst considering wages was a big issue for us

We're talking about making a loss on Britt because it gets the wages off the book. It also accounts for the fact he's not really established himself as one of the best strikers in the division over the last 2.5 years and the fact we paid over the odds for him to begin with.

Darren Randolph is widely acknowledged as the best keeper in the division and we could actually lose money on him, someone we paid a third of what we paid Britt for. He's been in the form of his career for most his time here now and we're only gonna break even on him? We don't even have the luxury of having another great keeper behind him, there's a young lad in great form but we've given this platform to a young promising keeper before and he fluffed it, and we had nowhere to turn. And the counter points are that he's 32? Pretty good age for a keeper, Tom Heaton is a year older, has had injuries plaguing him for 2-3 years, wasn't even first choice at Burnley and he went for £8m.

I can accept it. But does it annoy me? Hell yes. In an era where we want to make the most out of our better players, breaking even on a player who was going nowhere, has established himself at both club and international level since and who has little to no competition even close to his calibre behind him... no way should anyone look at this as a good deal.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

It is 4 million plus what we owed them which was supposed to be more than 1 million. So we are not making a loss on him. He has very limited top flight experience, unlike Heaton, so there was never going to be a big demand for him. While I too was hoping for closer to 8 mil in the summer the 5+ million isn’t the best but also not the worst considering wages was a big issue for us

Not that it matters, Heaton played 116 prem games, randolph 111. Not to mention Randolph has 42 international caps to heatons 3. In addition the 4 + 1.2mil is purely speculation and what itkers have heard, doesnt make it so. Graeme bailey had said he has heard its 4mil in total.

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Not that it matters, Heaton played 116 prem games, randolph 111. Not to mention Randolph has 42 international caps to heatons 3. In addition the 4 + 1.2mil is purely speculation and what itkers have heard, doesnt make it so. Graeme bailey had said he has heard its 4mil in total.

However, it really doesn't matter as the club management has decided that it is what is best for the club, and we are just mere supporters!!

I think the £4 million fee for Randolph is probably the best that we could have achieved considering West Ham will have been fully aware that we're not in a position to be able to renew Randolph's contract at the current very high wage, therefore we're going to lose him on a free transfer in 18 months time if we don't accept their offer. The same situation applies to Assombalonga as there's no way we can afford to give him another contract at his current salary, so other clubs will know the clock is ticking for us to cash out on him.

Pink Ponce turns a bit "Piers Morgan vs a Greggs vegan sausage roll" at times like this.

1 minute ago, p_mards said:

I think the £4 million fee for Randolph is probably the best that we could have achieved considering West Ham will have been fully aware that we're not in a position to be able to renew Randolph's contract at the current very high wage so we're going to lose him on a free transfer in 18 months time if we don't accept their offer. The same situation applies to Assombalonga as there's no way we can afford to give him another contract at his current salary, so other clubs will know the clock is ticking for us to cash out on him.

Pink Ponce turns a bit "Piers Morgan vs a Greggs vegan sausage roll" at times like this.

Again the point is that it's a self made problem. We put ourselves in the position where were having to accept a bid well below market value for our best player. We have every right to be frustrated at the club for that. I was extremely frustrated that we lost Adama for as low a value as we did and I'm even more frustrated at this one.

• Like 1

I think we should be getting more than 4m for him. Yes it might get his wages off the books but it’s not like he’s a player that hasn’t been pulling his weight or is always injured and want to get rid. He’s been consistently our best player the last few seasons. And would continue to be if he stayed. 

Yes we’ve got Pears and I’m chuffed he’s doing well but that just means it’s less critical to get a good replacement in, it shouldn’t mean we’re willing take a cut price fee for Randolph. 8mil I could understand.