• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Just now, Brunners said:

Twitter and facebook seem to be.

Not seen anyone say we should let him go on a free.

I've seen people say it about Ayala if he won't extend, but I don't think it's unusual for people to prefer to sell Randolph in the summer.

3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

As usual you're missing the point. People are up in arms because they think we should be keeping him and letting him go for free in 18 months while paying his wages too.

Please tell me how that makes sense when we desperately need to free up some of the wage bill and hopefully tie a few key players down to new contracts?

Well, that just hurts my feelings 😢

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Yes they do, check the Gazette Boro and BoroFansTV Facebook pages.

Just checked the Gazette post and there's 1 post out of 150 comments who says we should let him run down his contract as it's better to have him playing than sell him on the cheap.

There are far more people who wrongly think he only has 6 months left on his contract and that it's the best we could hope for.

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Feel free to refute my point at any time. In your usual style too, please. You know this forum can't get enough of that.

I can't tell if you want me to refute your point or not now? 😕

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Just checked the Gazette post and there's 1 post out of 150 comments who says we should let him run down his contract as it's better to have him playing than sell him on the cheap.

There are far more people who wrongly think he only has 6 months left on his contract and that it's the best we could hope for.

Did you check the idiots on BoroFanTV, too?

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Did you check the idiots on BoroFanTV, too?

Nah, I don't follow them, I find Fan TVs embarassing and ours is no different.

But I'll take you word that there are people on there saying they'd rather just run down his contract.

If we kept Randolph until the transfer window opened in the summer, it would cost us about 800k wages base. There would be other costs associated also - clean sheet bonuses, appearance fees, etc. As a business MFC would also need to pay tax contributions and the like. I dont know about football clubs (as a business) but in most businesses, the cost of an employee can be anything up to twice their actual wage. At that point the player is 12 months from contract expiry, and you are hoping to get a good bid in. Also presumably we would have to pay some of the fee to West Ham we owed, as it is on a schedule of some sorts. Would you get enough extra in a bid on a player closer to contract expiry to make up the shortfall? Doubtful. January is typically the best time to sell in terms of better fee received. However the flip side is that if he was in the team, could we make a successful playoff run? Its a gamble. 

• Like 2

i think randy is leaving because we have know pears is class for ages and now hes in the first team he's proven it. gk is the least of our worries on the pitch pears going ot be our number 1 for a decade if we get back in the prem. if not he'll be in the prem withing two years.

• Like 1

In the summer consensus here was Randolph was valued at 8-10 million 6 months later we've had a bad run as a team he's 6 months deeper and he's devalued as a result I have no issue with 4 million pounds and his wages gone to be honest in this league where you see Carson/Camp/Westwood excel I don't think you need a high earner GK on the books period but maybe I'm more open than most to selling assets we have ASAP because I really believe you don't need 30/40k a week players to get out of this league.

I get why people talk about Howson/Ayala new deals but a priority for me would probably be extending Fletcher he's playing at a level now where worse case he's a sellable asset why not secure him as he enters his last 18 months? No brainer for me.

• Like 2

Beggars can't be choosers and all that .. 🙂

In the given situation this makes perfect sense. 

Just let him go .. Like an old ex gf... It is what it is and we can hopefully only learn, so we will not end up in a situation like that in the future.