oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Yeah I thought that sounded a bit off. Nevertheless he was brilliant for us and well worth the money we paid. Has a Championship keeper ever gone for more than roughly 5 million?

I think technically it's Fabianski for £7mill but he's never actually played in the championship

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

I mean even Jack Butland  only moved to Stoke for £3.5 million and at the time he was future England keeper

Jack Butland is such a weird one now; be interested to see if he ever moves on how much he goes for, cause Stoke still want loads for him IIRC

6 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I think technically it's Fabianski for £7mill but he's never actually played in the championship

And Pickford for over £25m but again it's just a technical one as he never actually played for Sunderland in the Championship.

I think Sam Johnstone is the only actual one who had been previously playing Championship football with Villa before his move to WBA but he was only on loan and still a Man Utd player.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB2/plus//galerie/0?saison_id=alle&land_id=alle&ausrichtung=&spielerposition_id=1&altersklasse=&leihe=&w_s=&zuab=0

That includes arrivals and departures to / from Championship clubs for goalkeepers. But you can filter to just one selection if you want.

Edited by Tony
7 minutes ago, Tony said:

And Pickford for over £25m but again it's just a technical one as he never actually played for Sunderland in the Championship.

I think Sam Johnstone is the only actual one who had been previously playing Championship football with Villa before his move to WBA but he was only on loan and still a Man Utd player.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB2/plus//galerie/0?saison_id=alle&land_id=alle&ausrichtung=&spielerposition_id=1&altersklasse=&leihe=&w_s=&zuab=0

That includes arrivals and departures to / from Championship clubs for goalkeepers. But you can filter to just one selection if you want.

That's a great piece of work, interesting that Foster was so cheap. Such an underrated keeper

11 hours ago, BoroMart said:

It's not a continual assessment, it's an annual review. 

Agreed that most transfers are not paid up front, but FFP is supposed to stop gambling and financial over-reaching. I'm sure I read something about it being about when liabilities are incurred rather than when payments are due to stop the incurring of years of liabilities that might you then struggle to pay. But there have been quite a few changes since FFP came in, so not sure of the current specifics around this.

No, I'm fairly sure it's a continual assessment of a three year period.  So in March, they will assess this season, last season and the season before.  Then the following March they will assess next season, this season and last season, and so on.  A rolling assessment might have been a better way of putting it.

It doesn't matter when transfer fees are paid, for FFP purposes, the transfer fees are spread over the length of contract the player signs and that's how they show in the accounts.

5 hours ago, OldManGravz said:

Who's to say it hasnt been put down in the books as them paying us 5.2m and us paying them the 1.2m straight back? I imagine if that is better for FFP then we will have tried to negotiate it this way?

Just because that's not how it is coming out in the press doesnt mean the numbers people behind the scenes haven't organised it that way

Could well be, mate.  And it's worth pointing out again that I'm not entirely sure that's how it works anyway.

It's more the information coming out on here than in the press that I was basing it on.  It seems to be that £4m is the fee that we are hearing.  I also heard from someone else that it was £4m but that it wasn't even £4m up front so that the actual figure was lower than that and we'd only get the full amount with certain add ons.  I find that very difficult to believe however.

Sam Stubbs being recalled from Hamilton to be sent to pardew's den haag.  Considering our lack of numbers at CB that's a little surprising- if we think hes good enough for top flight football in Holland surely he can do a job for us? Indicates we have someone lined up but is it a waste of resources when we could use him?

10 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

This is beginning to drag a little bit too long feeling that we will not get Clarke tbh

If Woodgates letting Browne go out on loan, I’m almost certain he’ll want somebody in to fill that space. If not Clarke, it’ll be someone else 

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Sam Stubbs being recalled from Hamilton to be sent to pardew's den haag.  Considering our lack of numbers at CB that's a little surprising- if we think hes good enough for top flight football in Holland surely he can do a job for us? Indicates we have someone lined up but is it a waste of resources when we could use him?

Wood is above Stubbs in the pecking order, I’d be surprised if we don’t bring another CB in during this window too.