oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

9 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

This is beginning to drag a little bit too long feeling that we will not get Clarke tbh

I'm not too fussed about Clarke to be honest, obviously a lot of promise but Roberts and Nmecha seem further a long in their development and therefore more useful to us in the here and now, I don't want to go too crazy on loans because it'll be a detriment to our own young squad.

Personally I would be prioritising a Centre Back loan or otherwise, preferably permanent if we don't think Ayala is going to renew.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Could well be, mate.  And it's worth pointing out again that I'm not entirely sure that's how it works anyway.

It's more the information coming out on here than in the press that I was basing it on.  It seems to be that £4m is the fee that we are hearing.  I also heard from someone else that it was £4m but that it wasn't even £4m up front so that the actual figure was lower than that and we'd only get the full amount with certain add ons.  I find that very difficult to believe however.

In terms of Financial Fair Play it's a lot more artificial to avoid clubs being able to circumvent the rules IIRC so the entire monetary value of the contract is considered including money written off.

In terms of FFP regulations let's say we bought Randolph for 4m on a 4 year contract, his transfer show up as a 1m a year loss on our accounts until the end of his 4 years. Then having sold him for 4m with a year left on the contract we'd then end up showing a 4m-1m = 3m profit on this years account for his sale (1m being the remaining liability of on his contract) .

When it comes to the calculations for this years FFP (which would include the previous 2 seasons) we'd show a -1m in 17/18, -1m in 18/19, -1m for 19/20 as well as a sale profit of +3m for 19/20. The sale would give us a net 0 instead of the -3m we currently have toward the FFP calculation. Interestingly once we start moving past the 17/18 and 18/19 being considered in the FFP calculation his sale would start to look like a profit on our books. That is how I understand it anyway. 

• Like 1

Mirror's Northern reporter put a story up late last night saying Sharp's told Sheffield he wants to see out his last 6 months there rather than leave them on loan.

Interesting reading that Lyle Taylor news that's just broke about Charlton giving up on negotiating a new contract and open to offers since it's up in 6 months if we do fancy him as was rumoured in the summer he'd be a cheap addition and give us a little extra up front especially longer term when Rudy's contracts up etc.

5 minutes ago, BoroYorkie said:

Echo saying Villa after Britt

Hope we don't accept a low bid if that's true, since they must be flush with TV money after promotion. They can pay PL fees for their players just like we did, and hope they don't end up back in the Championship with those PL fees hanging around their neck - just like we did.

1 hour ago, Foogle said:

I'm not too fussed about Clarke to be honest, obviously a lot of promise but Roberts and Nmecha seem further a long in their development and therefore more useful to us in the here and now, I don't want to go too crazy on loans because it'll be a detriment to our own young squad.

Personally I would be prioritising a Centre Back loan or otherwise, preferably permanent if we don't think Ayala is going to renew.

much rather have Maddisson on a perm than clarke on loan, could be our new Lee Tomlin/Diamond in the Rough

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Mirror's Northern reporter put a story up late last night saying Sharp's told Sheffield he wants to see out his last 6 months there rather than leave them on loan.

Interesting reading that Lyle Taylor news that's just broke about Charlton giving up on negotiating a new contract and open to offers since it's up in 6 months if we do fancy him as was rumoured in the summer he'd be a cheap addition and give us a little extra up front especially longer term when Rudy's contracts up etc.

I think Taylor be a very good addition to the squad actually for the money. He was one the main reasons Charlton started the season with a bang then he got injured their form fell off a cliff.