oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

13 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

I don’t think he doesn’t want to be here like some, I think he comes across as a decent personality. I just don’t think he’s got very good attributes as a striker, he’s been here 2 and a half years and Id still struggle to tell you what his strengths are.

He relied on pace whilst at Peterborough and Forest to get in behind defences; I can only assume the bad injury he suffered at Forest permanently affected this, as he’s certainly not had a turn of pace since joining us. Realistically, we’re not recouping our money on him. I’d think 10 mill is the highest we could hope for 

He dosnt link up well at all. Its no coincidence that our best run has been while he's been injured. The amount of times he loses it or can't control a sime pass and our attacks break Down. At least fletcher can do the simple stuff and link up. I thi k he will go if we get a half decent offer like 7 million. It's like we're going through a transition period. Big earners leaving. Randolph, britt and gestede in the summer. If we can bring another striker in on half brits wages for around 5 million it will be excellent buissness 

Edited by Mfcdanny
  • Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 minute ago, boronutter said:

will be suprised if we managed to get 8 million for him,really,imho like

I agree. He hasn't shown anything in the last 2 seasons to say he's worth that much. Sick of seeing some fans saying he's the best at this level. He isn't at all. Has he ever scored more than 16 goals in a season? 

10 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

He dosnt link up well at all. Its no coincidence that our best run has been while he's been injured. The amount of times he loses it or can't control a sime pass and our attacks break Down. At least fletcher can do the simple stuff and link up. I thi k he will go if we get a half decent offer like 7 million. It's like we're going through a transition period. Big earners leaving. Randolph, britt and gestede in the summer. If we can bring another striker in on half brits wages for around 5 million it will be excellent buissness 

Except he was in at the start of our turn of form, he wasn't out of the team. The first two performances we started looking really good in were Hull and Charlton. The first game, Britt and Fletch scored one of our best goals this season thanks to their link-up play. Britt was involved in the build up to the early goal at Charlton too. There's absolutely no justification to say we wouldn't have played as good as we have without Britt in the team when we started playing that well with him in it.

I think pretty much every fan knows we've overpaid for him but some fans seem to want to make him feel worth absolutely nothing despite scoring 15 odd goals a season ("it's only tap-ins against crap teams", "on par with Leroy Lita", sigh...). It's like there's absolutely no middle ground because some morons in our recruitment team thought he was worth £15m and he's not a £15m striker.

I think we'll accept about £7m too, don't get me wrong. I doubt anyone will pay more than that given the context of the situation. However, we're trusting the same people to replace him as who bought him to begin with. You'll struggle to go out and buy a good striker for £5m in this division that's as good as Britt. I suspect we won't actually replace Britt properly and we just see Fletcher as his natural replacement, the same way we seem to see Pears as Randolph's. We might buy another striker but I doubt it will be another one expecting to take the #9 shirt, I'd put money on Fletch taking that if he's not gone next season.

6 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Wonder if we'd go for Ivon Toney if we sold Britt

He would probably cost too much... Peterborough were on about 20 million which  we would more than likely be able to lower but even still I doubt we would be able to reinvest more than 5 million which would be no where near enough for them to sell especially when they’re pushing for promotion

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Except he was in at the start of our turn of form, he wasn't out of the team. The first two performances we started looking really good in were Hull and Charlton. The first game, Britt and Fletch scored one of our best goals this season thanks to their link-up play. Britt was involved in the build up to the early goal at Charlton too. There's absolutely no justification to say we wouldn't have played as good as we have without Britt in the team when we started playing that well with him in it.

I think pretty much every fan knows we've overpaid for him but some fans seem to want to make him feel worth absolutely nothing despite scoring 15 odd goals a season ("it's only tap-ins against crap teams", "on par with Leroy Lita", sigh...). It's like there's absolutely no middle ground because some morons in our recruitment team thought he was worth £15m and he's not a £15m striker.

I think we'll accept about £7m too, don't get me wrong. I doubt anyone will pay more than that given the context of the situation. However, we're trusting the same people to replace him as who bought him to begin with. You'll struggle to go out and buy a good striker for £5m in this division that's as good as Britt. I suspect we won't actually replace Britt properly and we just see Fletcher as his natural replacement, the same way we seem to see Pears as Randolph's. We might buy another striker but I doubt it will be another one expecting to take the #9 shirt, I'd put money on Fletch taking that if he's not gone next season.

I agree his fee shouldn't be a critism to him. We were daft enough to pay that. I go to all home games and watch every away game on TV or go when I can. I have seen him have alot more bad games than good games. And alot of the time he dosnt seem to put a shift in. When he does I'm the 1st to say he played well.