oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

1 hour ago, nunthorpered said:

Never said he was worth more than 10 million, i said it would have to be well over 10 for it to be a remotely decent deal for us

He has been nothing better than average, he’s probably our highest earner and the team looks to have improved without him. 7/8 million which can then be reinvested where it’s most needed seems like a good deal for all involved 

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

Let's hear from the ITK posters to liven up a very windy evening. 

Must be some juicy bits of news circulating. 

My thoughts/guess

Britt goes

Clarke loan 

Gibson loan to perm end of season

Forward in. Maybe Toney or Nketiah loan. 

1 hour ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Wonder if we'd go for Ivon Toney if we sold Britt

I think the club will look at the success of our Summer league one recruits and decide that we may look elsewhere, especially at the fee they are wanting.

I wonder if the club will sign another keeper if Randolph goes.

We do have a rather outrageous crop of keepers coming out if the academy at the minute. I just wonder if the club would want a more experienced head in to help, whilst not necessarily being 1st choice.

Aynsley Pears (obv)

Zach Hemming

Solomon Brynn

Harry Flatters

All definitely have good potential to become top keepers in the future.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TAPOUT said:

I think the club will look at the success of our Summer league one recruits and decide that we may look elsewhere, especially at the fee they are wanting.

I disagree obviously Ivan Toney is alot better player than Dijksteel, Bola and Browne and he scored a good goal against Burnley at the weekend!

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

My thoughts/guess

Britt goes

Clarke loan 

So is Clarke still happening because more teams become linked by the day

1 hour ago, Jamie-H said:

If we end up with an 8 figure fee for Britt I'd be stunned myself he has a track record you could add into the equation that say a Che Adams didn't when he went to Southampton granted but if we get an 8 figure or very close to 8 figure fee for Britt plus his wages off the books that would be an excellent deal for us in my opinion.

I'd bite someone's hand off if it was a £10m plus deal, for sure.

5 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I wonder if the club will sign another keeper if Randolph goes.

We do have a rather outrageous crop of keepers coming out if the academy at the minute. I just wonder if the club would want a more experienced head in to help, whilst not necessarily being 1st choice.

Aynsley Pears (obv)

Zach Hemming

Solomon Brynn

Harry Flatters

All definitely have good potential to become top keepers in the future.

Decent shout and with a proven goalkeeper coach in the camp 

12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

My thoughts/guess

Britt goes

Clarke loan 

With all of these potential loans have you heard anything on contract extensions ?

Just now, Adamjr9 said:

So Clarke is still happening because more teams become linked by the day

To be fair, Clarke might have already made his mind up and we're just ironing out the deal. I've no doubt there's interest from elsewhere after his season last year but I suspect based on what we've heard that it could only be stolen from us if somebody commits to giving him games over 18 months.

4 hours ago, Foogle said:

In terms of FFP regulations let's say we bought Randolph for 4m on a 4 year contract, his transfer show up as a 1m a year loss on our accounts until the end of his 4 years. Then having sold him for 4m with a year left on the contract we'd then end up showing a 4m-1m = 3m profit on this years account for his sale (1m being the remaining liability of on his contract) .

In terms of FFP Randolph is effectively an asset. It wouldn't show up as loss, but it is an expense on the accounts.

Example:

Randolph cost £5 Million in the 2017/18 season (year 1) and he signed a 4 year deal. Effectively on the day we brought him his Net Book value is £5 Million.

Skip forward to the start of the 2018/19 season (year 2) his Net book value is now £3.75 Million. £1.25 Million has been taken off his value due to depreciation (amortisation). Why £1.25 Million, £5 Million (Randolph's value) is depreciated each year over the length of the contract so...

£5 Million divided by 4 = £1.25 Million per year.

That £1.25 Million is added to our total expenses of year 1. Skip forward to the start of the 19-20 season (year 3). His value is now £2.5 Million.

If we sold him at this point (which we near enough have), any money over £2.5 Million is a gain (profit) on his disposal, anything under would be a loss on his disposal. So in this case we have effectively made a profit of £1.5 Million. But all this time we have not considered his Wage cost, which will again be showing up as an expense each year in our accounts.

• Like 2