oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

What's going on with Randolph?

The WHU ITK twitter guy said something came up in the medical, but the club are still confident it'll go through.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BoroMart said:

everyone is allowed an opinion, including me and my opinion that you are talking nonsense.

Back to the thread at hand.

I will be amazed if Britt is still here come 1st Feb. If he is I think he may ride it out for the final 18 months of his contract and leave for free. It would be crippling to the clubs plans to change our style. Best all round for him to move on.  The question is, will a prem side be desperate enough to gamble on him, or will we have to sell to a championship club and subsidise his wages?

Who to replace Britt? Well if we are going down the youth route maybe Marcus Forss at wimbledon

Yeah I agree with this.  Now is a good time for him to move on.  If we could do the same with Gestede as well then I'd be delighted but I'm guessing he isn't going anywhere until his contract is up.  I'd be quite happy to see a few others go as well but that might be getting into the realms of overkill.

1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

Why has nobody started a FFP details and specifics thread yet for the few who are interested 😶

Le me:  ... "Woah, a long nice post with some great football details" .. 
Reads first two lines, then goes: "WTF FFP OMG ESAD"

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:
6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

What's going on with Randolph?

Alledgedly deal is done, but waiting on all the social media stuff to be wrapped up. Before being made official.

Oh right lol, I thought there was something about him failing a medical!

4 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Why has nobody started a FFP details and specifics thread yet for the few who are interested 😶

It would be too exciting and would take all of the interest away from this thread.

• Haha 2
16 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

I get that there are still some earners on the books but Randolph, Britt and Shotton could all apparently be off which surely frees up a decent amount of money we would be spending on the remainder of their contracts for the season, which would mean less of the transfer funds needs to be saved for the wage bill?

All depends on what is sustainable long term. We aren't in a position to start spending anymore significant money. You can't get any decent enough quality in at this level anyway. Thats the problem. You can't afford the top league 1 players who might not adapt anyway. You have a hard time convincing fringe prem players of dropping down to play. Only thing left is what you have, prem youth players or the odd gem that might hit it in the really low leagues. Tough transfer windows these days

Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

Think the tweet was referring to a different player. Think @Brunnersspotted it.

Lol no; as far as I can see the tweet was 100% referencing Randolph. If it wasn't the guy can't phrase a sentence to save his life.

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Lol no; as far as I can see the tweet was 100% referencing Randolph. If it wasn't the guy can't phrase a sentence to save his life.

Apologies! Looked back and he is definitely referencing Randolph. 

Personally I don't think the medical will cause an issue. Can understand clubs taking time over these things, especially early in the window, when there is time to scrutinise. 

• Like 1
Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

Apologies! Looked back and he is definitely referencing Randolph. 

Personally I don't think the medical will cause an issue. Can understand clubs taking time over these things, especially early in the window, when there is time to scrutinise. 

Aren't they bringing him in because of an injured keeper? If it was a player in the early stages of their career then I'd probably agree that there probably wouldn't be much of an issue.

Actually, y'know what, scratch where I was going with that. This is West Ham. They love constantly injured players.

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

This again? The timeline is totally off for this to be true - randolph was injured for a few weeks and then played for us the week before he played for Ireland - he was already back for us before the international break so why would we be annoyed at him for that? And if there was such an uproar then why did he play for us in that match? It makes zero sense.

He should fly though the medical. He’s never been injured 😁

From the Guardian:

Darren Randolph’s £4m move to West Ham has been held up by a thigh injury that has troubled the Middlesbrough goalkeeper this season. The Republic of Ireland Ireland international travelled to London to hold talks over personal terms on Tuesday but he is yet to pass a medical and will have another scan on the problem on Wednesday.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/07/west-ham-loan-move-benfica-midfielder-gedson-fernandes-stalls