oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

48 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I thought we would’ve wanted another winger

Same. Ideally i want a CB, Wide player and a striker (if britt goes). Its not like I am asking for much.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Surprised its a left back. Thought Johnson was going to cover that until summer and then get Bola back..not to mention George should be back in Feb

Sounds like George won't be back from the talk in here.

16 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

If this is true then that could be some fabulous work done by the club. Good forward planning!

They did the same with Jack Harrison, but Pulis decided that never playing him at all was the best option.

24 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Didn’t mourinho say that there was no chance of parrott leaving? It was either the press conference before or after the spurs game. He said that he doesn’t think somebody as young as him should be going out on loan

Yeah exactly what he said. Best for players that young to remain with they parent club he said as opposed to be away from home. 

6 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I’d like parrott of course however, surely at a point you can have too many strikers. We’d have fletcher, gestede, Britt, Nmecha and Parrott competing for one spot

I think Woodgate said he wants four strikers and I was making the assumption that Britt is being moved on to help fund the changes to the squad. I would also assume that Gestede is inside his last six months as a Boro player so may not be used that often 

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.

Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody said buy or do one basically.

Ayala - Injury doesn't look great, ankle still swollen but heads south with squad on Monday.

Spence - Negotiations moving forward , all looks positive. 4 prem teams have asked to kept informed of any changes.

Howson - pretty much all agreed ... 3yr deal.

Britt - lots of loan interest but everyone told the same 10mil or not interested.

Robert's - Boro keen to do perm , city open to it , Roberts open to it , prem I test kn summer could be an issue.

Transfers in.. Woody and club desperate to get Ben back , player keen even looking at a buy

Swiss keeper all agreed apart from medical if Randz goes.

Woody wants 2 on top of that if we can do it.

If ayalas ankle is still swollen after 10 days then he will be miles away from a return I would have thought. With the 3 at the back system working so well I suspect CB has become the priority.

Its a shame if Spences’s agent is messing us around. He is playing well but is nowhere near the finished article and definitely not as influential as Coulson. I am glad Coulson has committed for the following 3 seasons.

Howson has been very classy in the back 3. For me his performances at the back have been the best of his Boro career. Really pleased if this happens.

Britt on loan makes little sense really so glad the club are being solid on that. I am not his biggest fan without a commitment to buy its too high risk.

Roberts seems ideal for the way JW wants us to play but I cant see us being able to afford him on a perm.

I think the swiss keeper move shows we are quite pro active with scouting. We maybe jumped the gun with the bid but having a target identified and ready to move on is good.

I imagine the 2nwould be CB and Left forward. If that happens then we appear to have a nicely balanced squad.

Thanks for the info SDS.

33 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Surprised its a left back. Thought Johnson was going to cover that until summer and then get Bola back..not to mention George should be back in Feb

Reading was ahead of Coulson in the LB pecking order last season for the 23s, so I wonder what's happened for him to slip so far back. 

24 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Reading was ahead of Coulson in the LB pecking order last season for the 23s, so I wonder what's happened for him to slip so far back. 

Seem to remember Reading looking class in preseason too, did absolute bits vs Gateshead away. He'd surely be useful as a squad player at least for cover but haven't heard anything about him all season

I'm sceptical Roberts is in our range permanently without promotion to be honest they quoted Leicester 15 million in summer 2018 OK he's maybe devalued a little since but you'd still be talking 8-10 million AKA 1 George Saville and some change or 1 Braithwaite... Christ we have been so bad with money.

Rangers played a friendly at their Dubai camp today fielding 22 players with Gerrard saying after certain players moved themselves further from his thoughts after the display, it's been interpreted in Scotland that Jordan Jones is one of the players Gerrard is not impressed by thus possibly making him green light a loan move when they return to Glasgow on Monday.

Also Nixon has said he has a story on us tomorrow interesting if it's on a known name like Sharp or maybe a fresh one we'll see.

Hope we don’t get Jordan jones back like, if he wasn’t an ex academy player I doubt any fan would ever consider him, he’s been poor in Scotland.

I do think we might be planning to keep NMecha next season aswell, maybe any young player we loan will be with a view to keeping them for 18 months rather than just 6. I’d be happy to loan parrot if that’s the plan.