oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

4 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.

Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody said buy or do one basically.

Ayala - Injury doesn't look great, ankle still swollen but heads south with squad on Monday.

Spence - Negotiations moving forward , all looks positive. 4 prem teams have asked to kept informed of any changes.

Howson - pretty much all agreed ... 3yr deal.

Britt - lots of loan interest but everyone told the same 10mil or not interested.

Robert's - Boro keen to do perm , city open to it , Roberts open to it , prem I test kn summer could be an issue.

Transfers in.. Woody and club desperate to get Ben back , player keen even looking at a buy

Swiss keeper all agreed apart from medical if Randz goes.

Woody wants 2 on top of that if we can do it.

Regarding Randolph, I had a feeling they'd be trying to renegotiate it with whatever is going on.

The Howson deal feels like one year too long to me.  I wonder if he accepted a lower valued contract or not?  Must have, I guess.

I don't see how we can do a permanent deal for Roberts?  Isn't he on 30k+ per week wages?  And that doesn't even factor in a transfer fee.

Same goes for Gibson really.  

I thought we had a new wage structure where we would only offer £10k per week as a maximum?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Raf smog said:

Shotton is still trying to get his move back to midlands but we can’t agree deal at moment. Stoke want a loan deal until end of season we just want rid of.

Clarke looks like qpr will be getting him or a different southern club .He has been a few times to rockcliffe but he has travelled to just about every championship club.  Nketiah also been to boro but again he has been to most championship clubs. 

Doesn’t look like any contact about Ben or at least he doesn’t know of any. Maybe talks between club but he hasn’t been approached. 

Roberts there is an option to turn a 6 month loan to a 18 month loan if it goes well same as the other new guy.

britt back in light training looks very very unfit at moment.

spence agent has upset club after rumour came out about spurs and change of goal posts on contract.

young spurs striker had agreed deal but spurs pulled out after Kane injury. 

These all appear to make a bit more sense though.

3 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Randolph situation is an utter mess, just want it done with now 

What I'm trying to work out is, just how bad is this injury that it's making them have second thoughts to this extent?

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

What I'm trying to work out is, just how bad is this injury that it's making them have second thoughts to this extent?

The injury he doesn't have? 😉

They've got a couple of keepers with injuries, they'd look like right doyles if they signed another, so could be genuine concern. Or just a negotiating tactic. 

6 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Regarding Randolph, I had a feeling they'd be trying to renegotiate it with whatever is going on.

The Howson deal feels like one year too long to me.  I wonder if he accepted a lower valued contract or not?  Must have, I guess.

I don't see how we can do a permanent deal for Roberts?  Isn't he on 30k+ per week wages?  And that doesn't even factor in a transfer fee.

I thought we had a new wage structure where we would only offer £10k per week as a maximum?

If Raf is correct about 18month loan it would make sense as he would be out of contract at the end of it.

With regards to Gibson I honestly wouldn't be shocked if uncle Steve funded this just because of family connection.

26 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

If Raf is correct about 18month loan it would make sense as he would be out of contract at the end of it.

With regards to Gibson I honestly wouldn't be shocked if uncle Steve funded this just because of family connection.

So as long as all parties agree the Roberts deal can be extended for another season. Then we can try and tie him up on a free transfer when his city contract ends? Or walk away of it doesn't work out. Sounds like best of both worlds.

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I was having a dig last night and Robert's contract with City actually ends in 2022. Which would leave him with a year left if he stayed with us for next season. But you'd expect City would probably be willing to do a deal if it got to that stage. 

8 hours ago, Changing Times said:

You arent factoring in that Prem TV money when we go up through the playoffs. We can increase the wage cap slightly that way

1j7rqt.jpg

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Regarding howson I definitely think that he is going to get a lesser contract which is probably why he’s getting an extra year. A three year deal is going to see him turn 35 so a two year deal would have been ideal for us. That said he is the kind of professional and with a near perfect injury history I don’t expect him to decline very much.

also if we keep such a young squad he is the kind of guy you want around. 

• Like 1

I would be extremely surprised if we offer a 31(going on 32) HOwson a 3year contract in our current financial predicament regardless of how much Woody loves him.

Clarke deal is dead in the water and looks like he could be QPR bound. Spurs have included a financial penalty clause for every time he doesn't start providing he's fit. 

6 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I would be extremely surprised if we offer a 31(going on 32) HOwson a 3year contract in our current financial predicament regardless of how much Woody loves him.

Clarke deal is dead in the water and looks like he could be QPR bound. Spurs have included a financial penalty clause for every time he doesn't start providing he's fit. 

As i say if the info I'm getting is utter rubbish then I apologise. Just literally relaying it as I'm told.