oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

2 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

As i say if the info I'm getting is utter rubbish then I apologise. Just literally relaying it as I'm told. 

You could well be right and I don't have a clue regarding the contract but like I say I would be just surprised.

I know we offered him 10k a week recently and it was knocked back by his agent.

It's the sort of daft thing we have done in the past which has contributed to where we are now.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Randolph is apparently having his West Ham medical at the Boro according to Alan Nixon. They're sending staff up to make sure he can kick the ball after his injury

I take it that was the Nixon story this morning? But why are they taking it here when he’s been in London for a week now?

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

You could well be right and I don't have a clue regarding the contract but like I say I would be just surprised.

I know we offered him 10k a week recently and it was knocked back by his agent.

It's the sort of daft thing we have done in the past which has contributed to where we are now.

Yeah agree to be honest... 2yrs with an option of a 3rd would be my way of doing it however the contract of a footballer is something I have no clue how it works.

16 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Randolph is apparently having his West Ham medical at the Boro according to Alan Nixon. They're sending staff up to make sure he can kick the ball after his injury

🤣 sounds like a Boro medical. “Can he kick a ball?” “Yeah” “sound, get him signed”.

• Haha 5

“West Ham. Want signing target Darren Randolph to have a ‘medical’ at Middlesbrough to test his thigh injury before signing him. Worry over whether he is able to lick properly. Want it done on Boro premises.” - Alan Nixon. 

God knows what they’re planning to do with poor Darren. 

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

“West Ham. Want signing target Darren Randolph to have a ‘medical’ at Middlesbrough to test his thigh injury before signing him. Worry over whether he is able to lick properly. Want it done on Boro premises.” - Alan Nixon. 

Would suggest that is for insurance purposes

22 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

ice cream tongue GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Surprised we haven’t gone back in for Grosicki with the form he’s been in and his contract is up at the end of the season. Still think we need another winger to play on the left, any new names anyone has heard?

Regarding Howson. He probably agreeing to lesser weekly wage than he currently on but on basis of a longer deal. Therefore long term he not losing out financially and for us we are paying him less each year for benefit of our yearly accounts.

No real issue with Howson getting a deal that takes him to 35yrs old as he one of them players who could keep playing until he about 38. As has been said he a top pro who looks after himself who has a willingness and the ability to change his game to suit his physical capabilities as time goes on. 

RE: Roberts potential deal. Apparently Celtic agreed £8m fee but Pep pulled the deal. That was after an unbelievable season in Scotland and his value has depleted slightly since so you’re probably looking somewhere around the £5m region.

2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

RE: Roberts potential deal. Apparently Celtic agreed £8m fee but Pep pulled the deal. That was after an unbelievable season in Scotland and his value has depleted slightly since so you’re probably looking somewhere around the £5m region.

Make an offer quick because his value is only going to go up

6 minutes ago, Adamjr9 said:

Make an offer quick because his value is only going to go up

Think it’s unlikely we can do that this window unless Randolph, Britt etc go out.
But yes the price will go up, as will the number of teams interested.