oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

11 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Genuine question but could he employ him at bulkhaul on £25k a week, like would we get away with it as a loophole?

Ben Gibson's day to day activities will be football related and therefore we would be unable to show he is a genuine employer of Bulkhaul, whose day to day activities are not football related.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

Sounds like a cop out but one of those things where I can't really say as it would put someone's job at risk. But I would be massively surprised if he isn't here really soon 

Edit.... Not someone working for the club. I have no inside info from the club. Just someone who knows something in this particular case

Thank you @Tudders80. appreciate the info.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

If Raf is correct about 18month loan it would make sense as he would be out of contract at the end of it.

With regards to Gibson I honestly wouldn't be shocked if uncle Steve funded this just because of family connection.

I think Roberts has a longer contract than that.

Uncle Steve can't fund it, at least that's the situation as it's been presented to us.  The issue isn't supposed to be Gibson's unwillingness to dip his hand in his pocket, it's FFP.  Unless it's a load of crap of course.

9 hours ago, Borodane said:

Regarding howson I definitely think that he is going to get a lesser contract which is probably why he’s getting an extra year. A three year deal is going to see him turn 35 so a two year deal would have been ideal for us. That said he is the kind of professional and with a near perfect injury history I don’t expect him to decline very much.

also if we keep such a young squad he is the kind of guy you want around. 

Yeah, just like Downing 👍

Just now, Changing Times said:

I think Roberts has a longer contract than that.

Uncle Steve can't fund it, at least that's the situation as it's been presented to us.  The issue isn't supposed to be Gibson's unwillingness to dip his hand in his pocket, it's FFP.  Unless it's a load of crap of course.

I wont lie CT I'm not overly sure of the actual FFP rules as clubs seem to find loopholes everywhere. I'm quietly confident he isn't short of a bob or 2 though.

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Haha. That was something I thought when I wrote it, although I doubt we are giving him a 35k a week contract. His game is a bit more Barry-esque so doesn’t rely on the same attributes that downing had to have. Howson needs to keep up his stamina, a cool head and be a role model. He is the kind of player that can easily play in the championship until he is 34 at least. That plus his versatility is a big bonus. If I had to give a contract like that to someone Howson would be at the top of my list. 

13 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I wont lie CT I'm not overly sure of the actual FFP rules as clubs seem to find loopholes everywhere. I'm quietly confident he isn't short of a bob or 2 though.

The rhetoric coming out of the club has been this.  If we could spend the kind of money in this transfer window that people are discussing then we could have spent it back in the summer as well and so on.  It hasn't suddenly appeared and selling Randolph doesn't explain it either.

Edited by Changing Times
4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Haha. That was something I thought when I wrote it, although I doubt we are giving him a 35k a week contract. His game is a bit more Barry-esque so doesn’t rely on the same attributes that downing had to have. Howson needs to keep up his stamina, a cool head and be a role model. He is the kind of player that can easily play in the championship until he is 34 at least. That plus his versatility is a big bonus. If I had to give a contract like that to someone Howson would be at the top of my list. 

No but let's say inside 18 months he's no longer a regular in the side and ideally we'd like to move him on but we can't.  That three year deal, if it is a three year deal, won't look as clever.  Howson has had a few decent months, I still think he isn't that good defensively but for whatever reason people seem to ignore his mistakes, I guess because he's not a defender.  I doubt anyone would be that happy seeing him playing in midfield as people seem to be fairly critical of him when he plays there.  Finally, we don't have to give a contract like that to anyone, we're choosing to, which is fair enough, but it's longer than I'd be handing out to him.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think people are missing the point as to why that's why we are in the current predicament. I would be very surprised if we hadn't learned our lessons and make the same mistakes this time around

19 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No but let's say inside 18 months he's no longer a regular in the side and ideally we'd like to move him on but we can't.  That three year deal, if it is a three year deal, won't look as clever.  Howson has had a few decent months, I still think he isn't that good defensively but for whatever reason people seem to ignore his mistakes, I guess because he's not a defender.  I doubt anyone would be that happy seeing him playing in midfield as people seem to be fairly critical of him when he plays there.  Finally, we don't have to give a contract like that to anyone, we're choosing to, which is fair enough, but it's longer than I'd be handing out to him.

I completely agree, but it's just speculation about the 3year contract. Id say it's 2seasons with a possible 1 year extension.

We should take a leaf out of the bigger clubs book regarding renegotiation contracts for players over 30.

27 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I’m not disagreeing with you. I’m just trying to think why we’d offer a 3 year contract. On certain terms I can understand but I’d be a lot more comfortable with a 2 year deal. 

Sounds like Che Adams to Leeds for 1m loan with set fee of 10m future transfer. There was an enquiry about Britt during the Pulis reign. Clutching at straws here. Strong rumours they are set to announce a new partial owner of the club from Qatar towards the end of the month.