oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

4 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

If, which seems more likely each day, Randolph stays  would forum members be disappointed?

Will it have a knock on effect towards further incomings do you feel?

My concern about Ben Gibson is the lack of football and whether or not we really need him back at the club?

A little bit of both. We'll have the best keeper available in the league again, but how will it affect Pears. While we retain the best player in his position we a probably cut off from making other important signings, which is a shame. All that said I think we will be able to move Randolph on in the summer anyway at a slightly lower fee.

Regarding Ben we definately need another defender as Shotton seems likely to go. I'm not all that worried about his lack of gametime. If he is fit I'm sure he will be matchfit quickly.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Even though in an ideal world I'd love Randolph in goal again, I think I'd prefer him to be sold now.

It's out in the open that the club are trying to sell him/he wants to leave and it can't be good for morale for Pears to be dropped, which I think he'd have to be as Randolph is too good and too expensive to sit on the bench.

Add to that that I don't think Randolph will currently be in a condition to play if West Ham are so hesitant to sign him.

I think it's inevitable that it'd put a spanner in works for any further transfer dealings too.

There were rumours of Randolph having his medical up here. I wonder whether West Ham have said they would still go through with the deal but on different reduced terms. Boro want to check the injury to see if it is justifiable. Cant see any other reason for us doing the medical.

personally in an ideal world you would keep him but his salary off the books alone should give some leeway going forward.

8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Even though in an ideal world I'd love Randolph in goal again, I think I'd prefer him to be sold now.

It's out in the open that the club are trying to sell him/he wants to leave and it can't be good for morale for Pears to be dropped, which I think he'd have to be as Randolph is too good and too expensive to sit on the bench.

Add to that that I don't think Randolph will currently be in a condition to play if West Ham are so hesitant to sign him.

I think it's inevitable that it'd put a spanner in works for any further transfer dealings too.

I think he is fit to play, but West Ham are worried about the long term issues regarding some scar tissue. 

9 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

Btw anyone interested in the Gibson house there is some guy doing a blog on it. Seems like it’s a huge scale talking about pool houses and staff houses, this guy seems to think there’s no chance of it becoming a hotel/business. The place literally looks like a palace.

https://ravenswickhall.com/blog/

£50m and they're building it out of basic house bricks? ....weird. looks ugly to me. Especially compared to how it used to look from what I can tell.

9 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

£50m and they're building it out of basic house bricks? ....weird. looks ugly to me. Especially compared to how it used to look from what I can tell.

Surprisingly, I’d quite happily live there

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

If, which seems more likely each day, Randolph stays  would forum members be disappointed?

Will it have a knock on effect towards further incomings do you feel?

My concern about Ben Gibson is the lack of football and whether or not we really need him back at the club?

We need a CB at the club definitely DS.

Whether Gibbo is what we need at this moment in time or not I don't know, but you can't argue that on his day he is a great defender at this level. I do think getting Ben back is a very Steve Gibson thing to do, especially given that ideally we could rather do with someone who is up to speed.. but I suppose the current CBs (and the CMs who have been playing there) havent been doing a terrible job and could maybe carry on until he had his fitness up a bit.

If he can get back into the swing fast enough then he could be invaluable to us in the run in. He will also be a great influence on the younger academy lads I think, having came through it himself, and he is still only 26, so he could have 6-8 good years left in him.

As for Randolph, I think he is a terrific keeper but sometimes you need to sacrifice one of your stars for the greater good of your team, and I think that's what his sale would be. So I think I would be a bit disappointed to see him stay, but not overly so

I have never been ITK before however through work I have a connection at Burnley

Ben has quite a few options on the table including a couple in Europe but there is only 1 team that he wants to go to

Would expect this to go through this week as an initial loan with option to buy and as Tudders stated there won't be wage issues with this deal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Bristol og Tudders. Let's hope it's true and that Shotton leaves at the same time. That would be a brilliant switch in personel. We're starting to implement a more attacking and high pressing approach, so we need a strong defence. Gibson-Ayala-Fry is certainly an envious defence for most teams in this league, although Howson and McNair have performed well.

3 minutes ago, Will said:

One of the biggest plus points if we sign Gibson is that Fry can move back over. He never looks comfortable on his left foot.

Aye, move McNair back in to midfield and keep Howson in the three.

I hope it happens.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I hope it happens.

It'll also allow us to rest Spence a bit on the right, with Howson getting the occasional game there.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I hope it happens.

in the short term great, but a month of so when danny is back, gibbo ayala fry the back three with mcnair and howson infront of them. be buzzing with that very strong center of the pitch. arguably the strongest in the league. we will start flying if get this deal done. 

anyone else have a feeling we are going to keep getting better right until the end of the season?

Think if you have a back 3 of Gibson Ayala and Fry gives Coulson and Spence more freedom think we will cause teams all sorts of problems. Think it will be more solid at the back and the pace throughout the team. That team will definitely climb the league quickly will it be good enough to get in the Play Offs?? Fingers crossed I don't think we will be far away, who thought we would be saying that a month ago??