oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

3 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Maybe the lack of expenditure in the summer and the possible sales are loosening the purse strings a little.

Yeah possibly but I don't think a lack of expenditure could do that as we didn't spend because we actually couldn't spend, it apparently wasn't available.  Possible sales will help obviously but we are being told that we need to sell these players, it's not a choice as such.  However, if we can do some of these deals then great, it gives us a chance of putting a stronger squad together at a time when I didn't think it would be possible 👍

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

I understand that but his medical have now taken a week or so. 

They hold all the cards as we need to sell.  They will only do it in their own time, when they are comfortable with it all.  West Ham's bids for other GK's could either be genuine or an attempt to force us to renegotiate the deal more in their favour.

Well their 'renegotiation' supposedly involved a loan deal to the end of the season which doesn't solve any problem we need to solve by selling him. Very little point in us loaning him, we might as well keep him unless they're 100% obligated to buy. Otherwise we can't even be sure we can re-invest the transfer fee until the summer.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

With him being included in the squad I think it would need a big shift to go through. 

Just seems like posturing to encourage them to buy him.

He's not playing in either game, and he happens to be right nearby for the whole week.

2 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I don't get how Randolph's injury isnt that bad that he can still be our number 1 keeper but not OK to be westhams 2nd choice keeper.

He’s already under contract. If they buy him, having failed their medical, I highly doubt they could get insurance for him. Ours won’t be affected 

1 minute ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I don't get how Randolph's injury isnt that bad that he can still be our number 1 keeper but not OK to be westhams 2nd choice keeper.

Especially when Jack Wilshire can pass a West Ham medical!

I think their offer of £7 million for Etheridge was turned down, which will only highlight how good value for money Randolph is at £4 million.