oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

8 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Total guesswork from Bailey that, isn’t it known he reads these forums? The keeper joined them on a free transfer initially and is out of contract in 6 months, no way we’re forking £1m out for a reserve keeper 

Edit: Also stating on his twitter that he will be number 1 ahead of Pears, laughable. 

Why is it laughable?  You think we're spending money on a back up to a lad that has played about 10 games or whatever?  I would say it's more likely that we're looking for first choice keeper than someone to back up Pears.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

It's meant to be 40k a week

Really? I thought Burnley had some sort of internal wage cap? Or has that increased/been thrown out the window with such long held PL status?

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Genuine competition. The shirt is currently pears to lose but he needs better competition than Mejias. 

This is essentially what I would expect, too. It gives Pears a bit of a safety net in case his form drops at all. It's either that or he comes in and immediately takes Pears' place, I don't see that happening right now but it's more likely than us searching for a back-up to Pears.

Regardless of what the fee ends up being (well probably never know for sure), the one massive bonus is that it will be an indication that we are looking at the european market again. It's been a massive gripe of mine of a long time.

• Like 8
9 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

After 7 clean sheets in those short amount of games? Yeah 

I don't think the club will view it in the same way.  A handful of games won't be enough to convince them that he's a nailed on starter for us.

For what it's worth they're speculating we're tripling his wage to 32k pounds a month which is around 8k per week so way less than Randolph but the kind of money and fee where you'd at least expect him to have a run in the team at some point. At worst he'll push Pears, we haven't had 2 GKs pushing each other for yoinks it will be nice if Stojanovic/Pears compete for it over the next 1-2 years. Schwarzer was unchallenged, Jones/Turnbull the less said the better Given ousted Dimi but then he U-turned in a car park. We have paid premium fees for people whose contracts are running down lately makes you wonder why we're balking at Maddison when rumour is it's actually a 1.5 million deal with some far away add one Charlton have agreed.

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Regardless of what the fee ends up being (well probably never know for sure), the one massive bonus is that it will be an indication that we are looking at the european market again. It's been a massive gripe of mine of a long time.

Braithwaite and Meijas were European market signings, though obviously the latter was just down to familiarity. 

I'll be more impressed when it's an outfield player who isn't a snake.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Have we had any Macedonian players before? (I know he's Austrian, but by the rules of football he is now Macedonian since he kicked a ball for them).

Going by the link below, nope. He'll also be only our second Austrian (if we're going by nationality by birth) to have played for us, after Pogatetz.

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/middlesbrough-fc/10/

8 minutes ago, BatteryAcidTS said:

Going by the link below, nope. He'll also be only our second Austrian (if we're going by nationality by birth) to have played for us, after Pogatetz.

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/middlesbrough-fc/10/

Wasn’t that young lad Jakupovic Austrian? We sold him to Empoli for 1 mil and lots of people were very disappointed in the club. He hasn’t been seen in the world of football since. 

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

Wrong time to do it if we're leaving Europe at the end of this month 🤔