• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 minute ago, chickenlunch said:

lol, but also, he wasn't that bad tbh

Probably not .. he was just thrown in odd places 10 minutes at a time. 

It was more the shock of hiring a "random" player on deadline day, cause plan A took 28 days to find out as a not happening thing... 

46 minutes ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

Love it when football fans fall in love with the idea of a particular player. Then when said player doesn’t sign:

”phew”

”dodged a bullet”

”didn’t rate him”

”good news for us”

I’m fairly sure those saying that was against him all along. I never wanted to pay more than about 800k for him so I’m glad we’re not spending 1,5 million on a league 1 player out of contract in 5 months. 

49 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I’m fairly sure those saying that was against him all along. I never wanted to pay more than about 800k for him so I’m glad we’re not spending 1,5 million on a league 1 player out of contract in 5 months. 

Dodged a bullet mate 

Definitely think we need a goalkeeper and a centre half before the window closes. 

Pears deserves a decent run, but the lad is only 21, and most keepers tend to hit their peaks in their late 20's. So would like is to pick up someone with a bit more experience.

So if the window slammed shut now would we have a squad that would keep us up and potentially bond well and be in good shape for the summer.

There are clear positions that I’m not alone in thinking that we need to add to now but I do think that baring a horrid run we could have an entertaining 2nd half of a season and a possible run for the playoffs.

A replacement for Randolph seems obvious to arrive before February but depending on players returning from injury I think we have enough in depth to see us through till next season. 

Thats all based on no more outgoings either tho, as I feel we are thin enough that we need to replace like for like, at the minute we could do with another CB but I’d hate to think we over paid now either on a loan or permanent signing that by March with good fortune we are over staffed in that area and we have less money available for players we do want going forward for next season. 

In my opinion it’s extremely unlikely the form turns back and gets us relegated from this position. If the club are happy with that then wait until summer to make additions and let the team gel ready for next season. 

However, I think with additions of quality in the obvious areas such as CB and a winger there’s a real opportunity for the play offs. And if we did manage to get in I’d be confident, as none of the 4 teams in at the minute I’d be dreading playing against; very open. 

26 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

In my opinion it’s extremely unlikely the form turns back and gets us relegated from this position. If the club are happy with that then wait until summer to make additions and let the team gel ready for next season. 

However, I think with additions of quality in the obvious areas such as CB and a winger there’s a real opportunity for the play offs. And if we did manage to get in I’d be confident, as none of the 4 teams in at the minute I’d be dreading playing against; very open. 

I can’t see us getting relegated this season but surely we want to start looking up the table and making a playoff push to make ourselves an exciting prospect in the summer at least