oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

It's 1000% a Gary Gill special we've tracked him for over a year the Gazette say and whoever's done the tracking has the sway to get Gibson to greenlight a 7 figure transfer fee to a European team for a guy with 6 months left. We know Gary has his almost gots like Lindelof but he also has his misses (De Sart, Fischer etc) his latest special we know about I'm not sure if it's a near miss or not Becker got injured almost immediately.

I'm glad we're looking to Europe again there's value and quality there if you source it right and Gill's a little murky on actual deliverables but if he's the most senior recruiting voice right now I'm glad he has more influence in replacing Randolph than Bevington being the senior recruitment guy.

Also on Britt staying or going there is yet another 2 million pound ballpark value striker linked with us today apparently we've watched him closely over recent months just as we have with Cosgrove and that name is Lawrence Shankland at Dundee.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/lawrence-shankland-qpr-transfer-bid-21286606

Suggests we're preparing to invest in a new striker(s) you'd guess right now it's contingency planning for this window just in case Britt leaves but the next window all of these 2-3 million pound striker links will probably give us an inkling of who we'll move for and in what market if we cut losses on Britt as people expect.

Edited by Jamie-H
  • Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Why? Isn’t only the ultra unreliable Graeme Bailey who’s said that? I don’t have anything to back up my claim though so I’m just trying to be realistic. 

The Swiss outlets are reporting 1.5 million CHF (1.2 million sterling) so if anything Bailey's undershot the fee it seems.

The selling club always max out the potential fee though I'd guess a chunk is in future add ons but we definitely paid a premium fee that's for sure, you wonder what they'd have quoted us last summer if we sold Randolph then probably 2.5 to 3 million!

16 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Why? Isn’t only the ultra unreliable Graeme Bailey who’s said that? I don’t have anything to back up my claim though so I’m just trying to be realistic. 

It’s in the gazette piece. Over a million.

26 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

It's 1000% a Gary Gill special we've tracked him for over a year the Gazette say and whoever's done the tracking has the sway to get Gibson to greenlight a 7 figure transfer fee to a European team for a guy with 6 months left. We know Gary has his almost gots like Lindelof but he also has his misses (De Sart, Fischer etc) his latest special we know about I'm not sure if it's a near miss or not Becker got injured almost immediately.

I'm glad we're looking to Europe again there's value and quality there if you source it right and Gill's a little murky on actual deliverables but if he's the most senior recruiting voice right now I'm glad he has more influence in replacing Randolph than Bevington being the senior recruitment guy.

Also on Britt staying or going there is yet another 2 million pound ballpark value striker linked with us today apparently we've watched him closely over recent months just as we have with Cosgrove and that name is Lawrence Shankland at Dundee.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/lawrence-shankland-qpr-transfer-bid-21286606

Suggests we're preparing to invest in a new striker(s) you'd guess right now it's contingency planning for this window just in case Britt leaves but the next window all of these 2-3 million pound striker links will probably give us an inkling of who we'll move for and in what market if we cut losses on Britt as people expect.

Shankland is an interesting one. An analyst I speak to regularly raves about him. His scoring record is outrageous but I wonder how hed handle the step up in quality.

• Like 1
Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Seriously why are people so bothered about a relatively small fee?

I’d imagine it’s because it’s a significant portion of our relatively small budget

1 minute ago, Will said:

I’d imagine it’s because it’s a significant portion of our relatively small budget

Why as fans are we bothered though? The coaching team clearly have a plan and he's an important part of that. Equally the budget is adaptable, it clearly depends on when and how it's paid.

Genuinely don't get the obsession with football fans and fees

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Why as fans are we bothered though? The coaching team clearly have a plan and he's an important part of that. Equally the budget is adaptable, it clearly depends on when and how it's paid.

Genuinely don't get the obsession with football fans and fees

Did the same apply to Bola and Browne in the summer? Was part of the plan having to send them back to their previous clubs because of how poor they’ve been?

5 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Shankland is an interesting one. An analyst I speak to regularly raves about him. His scoring record is outrageous but I wonder how hed handle the step up in quality.

I agree smogzilla, it is a big jump and we’d probably have to pay a premium as Dundee United are going for promotion.

• Like 1