oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

Just now, Will said:

Did the same apply to Bola and Browne in the summer? Was part of the plan having to send them back to their previous clubs because of how poor they’ve been?

Have a day off, every signing is a risk.

People are happy for us to spend 2mill plus on Maddison but when it's a keeper who has been scouted by the recruitment team, Coyne and Percovich you don't trust them?

Our fans love a moan

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

People are happy for us to spend 2mill plus on Maddison but when it's a keeper who has been scouted by the recruitment team, Coyne and Percovich you don't trust them?

Our fans love a moan

I haven’t criticised the signing at all, I’m playing devils advocate to the idea that any signing that the club signs off on must therefore be part of the plan and not subject to any questioning. Presumably Mejias was re-scouted by all of these people as well, if he was actually good enough (which your logic would suggest he is) then we wouldn’t even need to sign this new fella.

Its a message board, people tend to discuss things on them.

Just now, Will said:

I haven’t criticised the signing at all, I’m playing devils advocate to the idea that any signing that the club signs off on must therefore be part of the plan and not subject to any questioning. Presumably Mejias was re-scouted by all of these people as well, if he was actually good enough (which your logic would suggest he is) then we wouldn’t even need to sign this new fella.

Its a message board, people tend to discuss things on them.

Why would you rescout a player who already played for you? He was an easy free signing to fill a gap, who Leo and Woody already knew.

I genuinely dont see the difference between playing devils advocate and criticism

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Why would you rescout a player who already played for you? He was an easy free signing to fill a gap, who Leo and Woody already knew.

I genuinely dont see the difference between playing devils advocate and criticism

I’m afraid that’s your problem, not mine.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

The data analyst for Portsmouth on twitter seems to think that Stojanovic is a great keeper. Thinks he’ll be no1

I wonder what his distribution is like. Woodgate wants to play out from the back. 

36 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Our fans love a moan

Haven’t seen many people at all saying they were happy spending the 2+million on Maddison. They were happy if it was at a lower price.

Going by past transfers and dealings the club has made, it’s a fair judgement to say that we might have overpaid. It’s not a moan.

Imo I don’t actually see how on the face of it, he’s worth £1mill. He’s came from the Swiss league, a team finishing 6th, and can’t get into the Macedonian squad. Not to mention his contract was out in 6 months. We must really rate him.

He might turn out great and I hope he does.

39 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I wonder what his distribution is like. Woodgate wants to play out from the back. 

interesting you said that. i've scoured the net looking for clips of st gallen with him playing. he's cetainly not afraid to rush out the box. i get the impression he is a bit of a sweeper keeper. presuming he must be decennt with his feet to have the confidence to do that. not seen any footage of that. not the sot of highlights you see on is it. unless he messes up. so not seeing might be a goodthing o=lol

Just now, Dynamo Kev said:

interesting you said that. i've scoured the net looking for clips of st gallen with him playing. he's cetainly not afraid to rush out the box. i get the impression he is a bit of a sweeper keeper. presuming he must be decennt with his feet to have the confidence to do that. not seen any footage of that. not the sot of highlights you see on is it. unless he messes up. so not seeing might be a goodthing o=lol

Doesn’t help that the lad seems to have some of the worst defenders ever seen in front of him😂

4 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Haven’t seen many people at all saying they were happy spending the 2+million on Maddison. They were happy if it was at a lower price.

Going by past transfers and dealings the club has made, it’s a fair judgement to say that we might have overpaid. It’s not a moan.

Imo I don’t actually see how on the face of it, he’s worth £1mill. He’s came from the Swiss league, a team finishing 6th, and can’t get into the Macedonian squad. Not to mention his contract was out in 6 months. We must really rate him.

He might turn out great and I hope he does.

as stated further back, he cant play for their senior team as he is a austrian citizen.

• Like 1