• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Doesn’t help that the lad seems to have some of the worst defenders ever seen in front of him😂

yes defenders are horrible. he looks fuming at them all the time. well exept one time when a deflection off his defender went in totally stranded. he just laughed then. he is basically to good for them isnt he. 

51 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Why as fans are we bothered though? The coaching team clearly have a plan and he's an important part of that. Equally the budget is adaptable, it clearly depends on when and how it's paid.

Genuinely don't get the obsession with football fans and fees

I can't speak for anyone else but the club and the local media seem to think that the financial side of things is important so I take an interest in it for that reason.  Somebody somewhere having a plan means absolutely nothing to me to be honest.  There will have been a plan behind every decision we've made but lots of those decisions haven't been particularly good recently and this in turn impacts what I see when I'm watching the games.

53 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Have a day off, every signing is a risk.

People are happy for us to spend 2mill plus on Maddison but when it's a keeper who has been scouted by the recruitment team, Coyne and Percovich you don't trust them?

Our fans love a moan

I can't say I've got a huge amount of confidence in our recruitment team based on recent history, which you might feel is unfair but I think it has some justification.  That's no reason to think this signing won't work out of course.  I don't know anything about the lad so I've got no opinion on it right now other than I'm happy that Mejias is no longer our back up keeper.

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Bit harsh to write off Bola and Browne already too. They are only 22

We didn't sign them to loan them back out though is the point I believe Will is making.  They were signed to be part of our first team and they haven't been good enough so far.  For a team that supposedly has a limited amount of financial resources to use and a squad regarded as small, it's not ideal for signings to be shipped out a few months after arriving.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I can't say I've got a huge amount of confidence in our recruitment team based on recent history, which you might feel is unfair but I think it has some justification.  That's no reason to think this signing won't work out of course.  I don't know anything about the lad so I've got no opinion on it right now other than I'm happy that Mejias is no longer our back up keeper.

agree, mejias isnt good enough. hes a great shot stopper but he is and always has been really error prone. pears is a good keeper already. perfect back up we can trust. 

Listening to an audio book about finances and stuff in football and it's significantly unlikely that we have paid a flat fee of £1.2m for this keeper all up front.

Having said that, in the grand scheme of things, we might as well be because transfers very rarely get paid all or even most up front.

Like with Randolph, we're to understand that we still owed West Ham some of the supposed £5m fee to them because it wasn't all paid out at once, it would be paid perhaps 50% up front, with the rest split out over the rest of the contract of the player, which would explain why we still hadn't paid him off after 2.5 years.

That and the value of a transfer isn't always met because of things like performance based bonuses or sell on percentages. I would suspect given how high the fee is for a relatively unknown player in a low reputation league with only 6 months of his contract left that a fair amount of the value is not even in the fee and installments that follow annually. But then we aren't exactly running a financial masterclass here so what would I know?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Have a day off, every signing is a risk.

People are happy for us to spend 2mill plus on Maddison but when it's a keeper who has been scouted by the recruitment team, Coyne and Percovich you don't trust them?

Our fans love a moan

Just to pick up on a point you've raised there... who in here is happy for us to spend £2m on Maddison given the context of his situation? My understanding is that most people who are being critical of spending absolutely don't want us spending that kind of money on even someone who could improve us when they have so little of their contract left. Isn't that quite a significant part of why people have a problem with the Stojanovic fee?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

If he does as well as his fellow Austrian goalkeeper, Mark Schwarzer, did here, then we'll be laughing 👍

Think you might have missed a few letters there unfortunately CT

24 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

as stated further back, he cant play for their senior team as he is a austrian citizen.

I'd forgotten Austria didn't allow dual citizenship, it does ease my worries about him a fair bit.

38 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Like, Up the Boro, you mean?  I'll add it now, mate.  Thanks!

No just talk to your pal AL. He will sort it out for you 👍

On 1/15/2020 at 5:43 PM, chickenlunch said:

Punching is pretty common amongst UK keepers these days tbh, it's not the 90's anymore.

In a crowd penalty box, there's less chance of spilling it straight at the feet of an opponent and b) it opens the opportunity for an instant counter attack, rather than catching, falling to the ground, waiting til the box clears, then everyone is marked.

I don't think they're coached to punch in spite of the fact that 'catching is better' ...cos, like... why would they do that?

As the footballs got lighter in the late 90s they started to move around more. By 2010 we got to the Jubalani ball at the world cup that moved all over the place with any kind of shot or bending cross. By this period most goalkeepers throughout the world punch and parried rather than caught. It's not a problem to me as long as his positioning is good and he has the upper body strength to compete.

• Like 1