oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

1 minute ago, Erimus 63 said:

Why would we get rid of one high earner to bring back another one?

I think those itk on here have said the loan will not cost as much as many would assume.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

£10m? When we are already short at CB? Pull the other one. Rinse them if they are serious, cant afford to lose our only fit CB, no matter what the price. I'd be asking 15m plus Gibbo plus a large sell on fee. 

If it's a player we cant afford to lose, we shouldn't be giving him away for market value. We would need to replace him plus cover the wages of the new CB plus we probably need another defender on top anyway

• Like 2

Fry was the only player on our team that could actually consistently win a header vs Fulham and he's our only fit CB he's also worth more than the 10 million Dyche values him at I just can't believe after they wasted oxygen on this in August he's back again for Dael.

Fry's better than Webster and Webster left a middling Championship club for 20 million we are absolutely mad to not go from that baseline if we even entertain Dyche with this.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I think those itk on here have said the loan will not cost as much as many would assume.

Don't want him back at any price. He'll be Steve Gibson's spy and  conduit to interfere with the team. 

i do find it amusing that less than 5 months ago that the general consensus on this board was not a penny less than £20m for Fry. I believe the bench mark we used was the fee Brighton paid for Bristol Citys Webster. However fast forward just 5 months and some of our fans are now happy to take half of that (some would probably take less than half).

Dael Fry certainly has not set the standards he previously set but there are a number of factors contributing towards that. However, in the last few weeks his performances have improved and i for one hope he stays and continues to improve. And we then sell him for a fee we all felt his ability and performances merited. 

I certainly would not be giving up on him. I talked in an earlier post about showing the younger members of our team some patience during they development. Fry falls in to that category. He is 22 and it is rare you see a complete defender, especially a centre half, at the age of 22. 

Lets be patient with him whilst he plays his way out of this sticky patch and then sell him for a fee his ability merits eh.

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Fry was the only player on our team that could actually consistently win a header vs Fulham and he's our only fit CB he's also worth more than the 10 million Dyche values him at I just can't believe after they wasted oxygen on this in August he's back again for Dael.

Fry's better than Webster and Webster left a middling Championship club for 20 million we are absolutely mad to not go from that baseline if we even entertain Dyche with this.

Very arguable, and I dare say it would be mainly boro fans that would have that view. I personally don’t rate Fry that much though. 

• Like 1

You know I had a feeling fry could be moving on, with what we know off here about Gibson, the pretty strong links to Reece oxford on a permanent move made no sense, specially with woodgates desire for a back 4.

1 hour ago, Jamie-H said:

In what world is Fry better than Webster? Webster was probably the standout CB in the championship last season, Fry hasn't even been the standout CB in Middlesbrough