oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

5 hours ago, Brunners said:

Giving up on a young player after one costly mistake sounds like horrible player management.

I think it has to be more than that.  How come he ended up at Augsburg in the first place if he's such a great prospect?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

In case you don't want to click a link to the Sun:

Burnley boss Sean Dyche lining up £10m move for Middlesbrough centre-back Dael Fry

And:

A swap involving Fry and Gibson is possible but that would not bring in much cash for Boro and, indeed, also cost them as Gibson’s wages are greater than Fry’s.

• Like 1

This is what we are about now isn't it? Producing good players to sell at a profit to help sustain the club?

I'm not 100% for the sale of fry but if we can bring in oxford and Gibson on loan till the summer with a buy option then I'd be happy with that. 

6 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

In what world is Fry better than Webster? Webster was probably the standout CB in the championship last season, Fry hasn't even been the standout CB in Middlesbrough

Webster wasn't a standout for me he was a bang average Championship level CB and still is, he's maybe a slightly better Nathan Baker but nothing more, the comparison for Fry is Konsa who's a similar age and he went for 15 million right? He had a rick in him at Brentford and has struggled at Villa to step up he wasn't a standout CB, I've seen Sol Bamba and Jansson be 'standout' CBs recently as well they're about as average as it gets this league is in general very subpar with defenders so when the Konsa's/Fry's come through with unique attributes and young even if still a little raw they command a premium in this market even if you rate 25 year old lumps like Webster.

If you look at the stats Fry had similar same passing accuracy as Webster with half the passes per game last season and he was played RB half the time by Pulis I don't really see a standout stat of Websters or remember seeing him for Ipswich or Bristol and rating him in the slightest. I've noticed a lot of criticism of Fry this season usually to do with him not marking a goalscorer at a cross I guess is the main one but we as a team are letting 30 crosses per game into our box you could stack Pallister, Pearson and the team bus back there they won't be able to look much better with those conditions, under Karanka in a bad game we'd let 15 crosses come in at most. 

He's still one of the best CBs of his age group, still the only CB at the club who can comfortably step into midfield with the ball and he rarely gets credit for his blocks, he positions himself brilliantly to throw himself at attackers there's a lot of attributes Fry has that not a lot of other CBs have he's still the only one I see attacking crosses and trying to plug gaps Howson legs it up the pitch at times and McNair just doesn't have the defensive instincts on the cover Fry does.

In other news the Gazette injury update article today says Dijksteel's out for 2 more months so that might explain the Freeman link that injury's gone from 1 month to 2 months to 4 months sounds like a horror show for Dijksteel he won't be back until end of March at a minimum.

• Like 1

Fry is miles away from being ready for the Premier league. I think he's a decent defender with potential but a Premier league move would be a bad idea for him at the moment, he'd never play. 

• Like 1

If Fry moves to Burnley he will 100% ruin his career for the next 3 years. I mean, look at Gibson who played in my opinion at a higher standard than Fry and more consistently as well, who didnt even get a sniff in the Burnley first team. 

I dont think Fry is currently as good as Gibson so moving would make 0 sense to him. Unless hes about the money, which I dont think he is. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Fry to Burnley has been the rumour for bloody ages, hasn't it? Certainly has on here.

Can't help but think Nixon has just lifted it from here. I know one other journalist who posts here and it's not Vickers 👀

👀👀 pretty sure members of MFC take a peak as well

34 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Fry to Burnley has been the rumour for bloody ages, hasn't it? Certainly has on here.

Can't help but think Nixon has just lifted it from here. I know one other journalist who posts here and it's not Vickers 👀

Isn’t it old news that Graeme Bailey gets a lot off here too.