oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

If Fry moves to Burnley he will 100% ruin his career for the next 3 years. I mean, look at Gibson who played in my opinion at a higher standard than Fry and more consistently as well, who didnt even get a sniff in the Burnley first team. 

I dont think Fry is currently as good as Gibson so moving would make 0 sense to him. Unless hes about the money, which I dont think he is. 

Absolutely spot on. Fry has potential and we should nurture that, a move to Burnley would be a massive backward step for him. If we are that desperate for money I would much rather see Britt move on, As for Gibson moving in this direction, not sure if that would work, although we are desperate for a fit centre half.  

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Just now, Smoggydownsouth said:

6mil buys you Ben apparently... pretty sure this will happen. Not sure we sell Fry though as Woody sees him as the next leader at the back.

In truth Burnley probably still owe us that or more from the original fee so it might not be any outlay to bring him back

10 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

6mil buys you Ben apparently... pretty sure this will happen. Not sure we sell Fry though as Woody sees him as the next leader at the back.

Surely Gibbo has that kind of change down the back of one of his many sofas?

8 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Fry hasn't been the same since he got injured. not saying it is just this, but the problem is he came back and then had to be the one of the main guys at the back in a difficult time when results weren't going our way. Been much better when playing alongside Ayala or Ben imo. He will develop, but at the moment he just hasn't been great in certain situations. Don't think it helps going through different centre back partnerships due to injuries either. Looked the part against Spurs at home though. Really did

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mj south said:

So if Gibbo and Oxford come in and we already have Fry and Ayala who will be the first choice pairing if Woody wants to play a back 4?

I reckon he will go 4 at the back at home against weaker sides but still reckon he will keep 5 at the back away from home against better teams as it seems to work. Also Ayala has a history of injuries. 

17 minutes ago, mj south said:

So if Gibbo and Oxford come in and we already have Fry and Ayala who will be the first choice pairing if Woody wants to play a back 4?

Sell Ayala this month before his contract runs out? 

6 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Sell Ayala this month before his contract runs out? 

Surely it'd be the old partnership of Ayala and Gibson again. Fry as backup or you could even rotate Ayala and Fry or Fry and Gibson.

Ayala hasn't yet signed a new contract and is probably off in the summer, but i'd still keep him until then unless someone came in with silly money for him.

32 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Surely Gibbo has that kind of change down the back of one of his many sofas?

Depends how much Xmas day disaster has cost him but that's for another time. The fact he let Gibbo do rehab at Rockcliffe as did Burnley suggests he wants him back 

10 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Surely it'd be the old partnership of Ayala and Gibson again. Fry as backup or you could even rotate Ayala and Fry or Fry and Gibson.

Ayala hasn't yet signed a new contract and is probably off in the summer, but i'd still keep him until then unless someone came in with silly money for him.

I'd prefer your idea, I'm just thinking of how the club might see things from a financial perspective.