• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

@Smoggydownsouth. You said you been told club want 2 more in before window. You been told about any outgoings?

I note in todays gazette Britt should be back in full training this morning and Shotton & Friend next monday with a view to maybe being back for Wigan game on 12th Feb after a few reserve outings.

12 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@Smoggydownsouth. You said you been told club want 2 more in before window. You been told about any outgoings?

I note in todays gazette Britt should be back in full training this morning and Shotton & Friend next monday with a view to maybe being back for Wigan game on 12th Feb after a few reserve outings.

Hate being vague but I can only reiterate everyone has a price... yes the club have players they are less loathed to lose but ultimately they think we are a year away from where we want to be so money would be saved and reinvested in summer.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Jamie-H said:

Webster wasn't a standout for me he was a bang average Championship level CB and still is, he's maybe a slightly better Nathan Baker but nothing more, the comparison for Fry is Konsa who's a similar age and he went for 15 million right? He had a rick in him at Brentford and has struggled at Villa to step up he wasn't a standout CB, I've seen Sol Bamba and Jansson be 'standout' CBs recently as well they're about as average as it gets this league is in general very subpar with defenders so when the Konsa's/Fry's come through with unique attributes and young even if still a little raw they command a premium in this market even if you rate 25 year old lumps like Webster.

If you look at the stats Fry had similar same passing accuracy as Webster with half the passes per game last season and he was played RB half the time by Pulis I don't really see a standout stat of Websters or remember seeing him for Ipswich or Bristol and rating him in the slightest. I've noticed a lot of criticism of Fry this season usually to do with him not marking a goalscorer at a cross I guess is the main one but we as a team are letting 30 crosses per game into our box you could stack Pallister, Pearson and the team bus back there they won't be able to look much better with those conditions, under Karanka in a bad game we'd let 15 crosses come in at most. 

He's still one of the best CBs of his age group, still the only CB at the club who can comfortably step into midfield with the ball and he rarely gets credit for his blocks, he positions himself brilliantly to throw himself at attackers there's a lot of attributes Fry has that not a lot of other CBs have he's still the only one I see attacking crosses and trying to plug gaps Howson legs it up the pitch at times and McNair just doesn't have the defensive instincts on the cover Fry does.

In other news the Gazette injury update article today says Dijksteel's out for 2 more months so that might explain the Freeman link that injury's gone from 1 month to 2 months to 4 months sounds like a horror show for Dijksteel he won't be back until end of March at a minimum.

Why did Brighton pay £20 million for a bang average defender then? His stats, his scores on whoscored consistently, his performances I saw against us, were all very good. Also Jansson isn't an average CB by any stretch of the imagination, he was as important to Leeds as Ayala is for us and is doing a very good job at Brentford too.

Fry has got potential and he's still young but it's simply untrue to say he's better than Webster. He had a poor loan spell at Rotherham, then showed good signs when back with us but if anything his development has stalled. His passing and stepping out with the ball is still good but he's making mistakes with the simple things now and if we had fit defenders would arguably be rested. 

18 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Hate being vague but I can only reiterate everyone has a price... yes the club have players they are less loathed to lose but ultimately they think we are a year away from where we want to be so money would be saved and reinvested in summer.

That makes sense, I hope we are laying the foundations down to give it a good go next year and give the staff and the players the opportunity and game time to grow and develop for a push next year. 

• Like 1