• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

We wont buy him now for that... just saying that's apparently the asking price.

If for example they still owe us £4.3m for him it would make financial sense to buy him now for £1.7m than wait till the summer. When they probably will have paid another installment to us. So on our books for that year we would be paying more for him. If that makes sense? 

8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Either way, it's a few million less than I thought it might be so 👍

That's probably the fee to buy after a loan, so incorporates the loan fee into the equation.

1 hour ago, ScarBoro said:

As the ground was in the books at just short of £50million in 2018, I don’t think  £30million would be much use.  In any case, I suspect Gibbo will be very wary of any transaction concerning the ground for as long as the other sale and leasebacks in the Championship are being investigated by the EFL.

incidentally, Boro’s independent valuations of the ground showed £40m in 2013 and £50m in 2018, after they spent around £7m on improvements in 2016 (when we were promoted to Premiership). In other words the value actually only increased like for like by £3m. Over same period Derby sold theirs for £80m in 2018, up from the valuation in 2013 of £60m. I know they are in different parts of the country, but you can see why SG was so suspicious of the sale price of Pride Park.

The issue with the other clubs buy and lease back, and in particular Derby is that they dramatically over valued the grounds prior to the sale. I wouldn't be surprised to see us sell it but stick rigidly to an independent valuation, whatever that may be. I thought it was independently valued at 41mill (not 60) and they sold at 80?! Thats uber-crooked. There is simply no justification to increase the stadium value by double within 12 months

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47789258

Edited by BoroMart
44 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He/we are still suing the EFL aren't we so doing the stadium thing would be an interesting move to say the least.

we're suing for overvaluing, not for the act of selling.

1 minute ago, BoroMart said:

I thought we were suing EFL for not punishing derby for breaking the rules? 

sounds like I have that all wrong 

I thought we were suing them because we just don’t think they are doing their jobs regarding FFP in general. 

The issue with the other clubs buy and lease back, and in particular Derby is that they dramatically over valued the grounds prior to the sale. I wouldn't be surprised to see us sell it but stick rigidly to an independent valuation, whatever that may be

It was £50m in 2018, so probably not much different now. As CT says, though, it would be brave, or foolhardy, for SG to do any sale and leaseback now. Also probably seen as hypocritical, given his stance. Anyway, the whole point of sale and leaseback seems to have been to inflate value to circumvent FFP. We seem to be making sure we don’t breech the limits, so no need to do a sale.

3 minutes ago, Daveymfc said:

I thought we were suing EFL for not punishing derby for breaking the rules? 

sounds like I have that all wrong 

Sorry, to be clear, the breach of rules is that the EFL signed off on accounts for Derby that included the sale of a fixed asset (the stadium) at an inflated value. ....and off course, the fact that the Derby owner is a senior member of the EFL board is of concern. So yes, it is the EFL we are suing for not applying their rules. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

Sorry, to be clear, the breach of rules is that the EFL signed off on accounts for Derby that included the sale of a fixed asset (the stadium) at an inflated value. ....and off course, the fact that the Derby owner is a senior member of the EFL board is of concern. So yes, it is the EFL we are suing for not applying their rules. 

Thanks for clearing that up 👍🏼

• Like 1

Either way, selling the stadium (which most fans consider to be "home", and part of the fabric of the club, to another company owned by the same owner) just seems wrong. It should be banned. I understand that if a club is in massive financial difficulties then the  club may need to sell the stadium, but if the club is using the sale of the stadium to its own owner as a way of adhering to ffp rules then that is just wrong imo. I think a rule should be made that the club cannot sell their stadium to anyone associated with the club. 

6 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Give me tried and tested, with an affinity to the club over a potential which has yet to bear fruit. If the club could get him for a decent price he's worth a go but not over Gibson

Could oxford be used as the  holding midfielder alongside mcnair tav/Wing?