oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

15 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

Let's have them both in 

Exactly. Oxford could still be seen as the dm to replace clayton and if Howson moves on.

If Ayala moves on too then we could do far worse with a fry/gibson partnership.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Any of the itk guys know if theres any truth in the recent links with reece Oxford 

Considering he hasn’t moved to Venlo yet I’d say there is interest from elsewhere. 

I don't think it's a simple choice between Gibson and Oxford if the finances aren't anywhere near the same. I'd have Gibson back over chancing it with Oxford if they were both gonna cost us the same but I just don't see how that could happen.

Regarding Fry rumours, unless we're selling because we have a plan on how best to spend the money, keep him for now. Just getting some money out of him right now doesn't help us and it only hinders our back line. I feel like I keep saying this over and over but in terms of getting wages off the books, Fry is not burning a hole in our pocket. I'd sooner shift Britt and take a bigger loss on him than sell Fry because somebody is offering £10m+.

If selling Fry for the £15m price mentioned meant being able to sign Roberts and Gibson on permanent deals with change to spare, that would sound very appealing to me.

Although I can’t see Fry wanting to go at all personally 

8 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

If selling Fry for the £15m price mentioned meant being able to sign Roberts and Gibson on permanent deals with change to spare, that would sound very appealing to me.

Although I can’t see Fry wanting to go at all personally 

He wants to stay... turned them down in summer as well

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

He wants to stay... turned them down in summer as well

Personally think he hasn’t been helped playing on his weak foot constantly, being alongside Gibbo who is obviously a natural left footer I can see him continuing to improve while Dani is injured. 

4 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

Oxford is only 20 you know just feel he has great potential 

I just feel that if he was all that, West Ham wouldn’t have let him go. 

39 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I just feel that if he was all that, West Ham wouldn’t have let him go. 

TBH I dont go off the logic that X team would not let X player go if he that good.  Therefore he cant be all that.

That logic could have been applied to Randolph when we signed him but he turned out to be just fine.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

TBH I dont go off the logic that X team would not let X player go if he that good.  Therefore he cant be all that.

That logic could have been applied to Randolph when we signed him but he turned out to be just fine.

Happens all the time. Chelsea let Salah and De Bruyne go. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Your right. It's like Southampton letting gaston go out on loan to us. If you sit and think about it there has been loads of players who have been let go by a side and have turned out to be a good player. De bruyne and salah for example 

That’s all fair enough. I just feel that if two different clubs (West Ham and now Augsburg) are happy enough to let a supposed “hot prospect” leave their club’s for next to nothing, there’s something not quite right.