• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I don't think it would, mate.  I don't see a scenario in which players would accept less money than they actually want.  The method of paying that money  - wages or signing on fees - wouldn't alter how much money we have to pay them.  Unless there is some tax benefit to a signing on fee then there would be no reason for any player to accept a bigger signing on fee but miss out on more from a lower wage.

I guess it depends on how the signing on fee works, if they then leave during the period of their contract they could be better off financially by taking a chunk up front and lower ongoing salary. 

But I'm quite surprised that Shotton is on £15k if its true.

Edited by sackrobson2

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18173998.middlesbrough-rule-fry-exit-cool-interest-oxford/

Apparently after talking with Augsburg we decided to leave Oxford alone is how the Echo understands it, as the Gazette suggested yesterday I guess. Not much new besides that the Echo rule out the Gregory link and say we're after 1 defender and after that a wide player. 

I see it as players are a commodity , valued and promoted by agents and clubs. The players stock value fluctuates based on statistical merit and Investors interest. I dare say players may try and stay put if long term plans exceed short term returns or the profit is lower than the effort needed to move. Least not forget the common denominators of value are divided between Club, Agent, Player and investor. 
We know little about how it works or what they earn and we are not likely to be invited to give an opinion so basically who really gives a @@@@. 

49 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18173998.middlesbrough-rule-fry-exit-cool-interest-oxford/

Apparently after talking with Augsburg we decided to leave Oxford alone is how the Echo understands it, as the Gazette suggested yesterday I guess. Not much new besides that the Echo rule out the Gregory link and say we're after 1 defender and after that a wide player. 

The article also mentions that Watford are interested in Gibson. If we fail to agree something with Burnley I can see Gibson being lured in by Nigel Pearson for the rest of the season. They would surely have the finances to accept Burnleys demands. Unless Burnley doesn't want to strengthen a direct opponent.

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

The article also mentions that Watford are interested in Gibson. If we fail to agree something with Burnley I can see Gibson being lured in by Nigel Pearson for the rest of the season. They would surely have the finances to accept Burnley's demands. Unless Burnley doesn't want to strengthen a direct opponent.

at the end of the day any move will depend on Gibson so it'll be Ben's decision but i thought Watford well stocked at CB

31 minutes ago, Borodane said:

The article also mentions that Watford are interested in Gibson. If we fail to agree something with Burnley I can see Gibson being lured in by Nigel Pearson for the rest of the season. They would surely have the finances to accept Burnleys demands. Unless Burnley doesn't want to strengthen a direct opponent.

Yeah I'd say that would rule Watford out of any deal.

6 minutes ago, Bristol_Boro said:

It's become more complicated because the player they want to replace Gibson with is Dael Fry. 

Higher offer for Dael is imminent 

Ben won't be heading south

Anything over 10 just sell fry. Probably get him back in 2 years for less that half the price 

If we need to sell Fry for 10mil plus,  to get Gibson + another CB, its a yes from me.  Never really undestood the hype around Fry only a regular this season and his form in the main has been pritty poor, granted theres potential but give me a 27 year old Gibcon in his prime and a chester/Reid/Dann all day long.

• Confused 1
30 minutes ago, Bristol_Boro said:

It's become more complicated because the player they want to replace Gibson with is Dael Fry. 

Higher offer for Dael is imminent 

Ben won't be heading south

Any idea what the higher offer is likely to be?