oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

All deals to sell to Leeds need to be agreed then have a 30% DLT added to the deal ( dirty Leeds tax) So a £10m deal becomes £13 etc

same thing should be done to all sales to divisional rivals when deals involve key players.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Won't happen anyway, Leeds are looking to strengthen their attacking options not replace

The entire conversation was a bit tongue-in-cheek, I'm just surprised that anyone wouldn't accept that deal if it was realistically available.

35 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

The entire conversation was a bit tongue-in-cheek, I'm just surprised that anyone wouldn't accept that deal if it was realistically available.

I'm still surprised at how much people rate Bamford on here. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

The bar for strikers over the last decade or so is awfully low - is it really surprising that people rate Bamford highly, when he probably is up there in the conversation for best striker we've had in years?

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I'm surprised people on here still don't realise he's far better than what we have now. And the best championship striker we've had for years. But hey. 

• Like 4
Just now, velocitractor said:

I'm surprised people on here still don't realise he's far better than what we have now. And the best championship striker we've had for years. But hey. 

That's not a high bar.

5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

He's the best striker we've had in the Championship in the entire decade we've been here, in my opinion. We've had a bunch of relatively high scoring strikers during the past decade, Emnes, McDonald, Bamford and Britt. I think Bamford sits at the top of that list.

• Like 2

I think how much people rate Bamford is quite bizarre also. It certainly isn't a hands down decision between Britt and Bamford.

In fact between the 2 their goalscoring records in the championship are remarkably similar. Bamford has 55 in 147 where Britt has 65 from 169, meaning Britts is marginally better. However, I know people are going to say for at least 15-20 of those games Bamford didn't play as a striker but Assombalonga played more under Pulis which is even more of a disadvantage. On a side note, I know Pulis and a number of his staff really didn't see eye to eye with Assombalonga but I can't blame Britt for being a bit annoyed at the tactics being employed which didn't suit his or most strikers games.

I personally think Britt is a better goalscorer than Bamford but Bamford is a more intelligent player. Britt misses more than Bamford granted but he puts himself in those situations to score/miss a lot more than Bamford does also.

Anyhow sorry for sidetracking the thread further I just think the tunnel vision related to Bamford at times is barmy! 

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

He's the best striker we've had in the Championship in the entire decade we've been here, in my opinion. We've had a bunch of relatively high scoring strikers during the past decade, Emnes, McDonald, Bamford and Britt. I think Bamford sits at the top of that list.

I can’t believe people don’t rate him based on his record alone,  which would have been more flattering had he been given more starts and in his rightful position. 
I rate him as one the best we have had since being in the Championship and possibly, had he been given better support we might well have been in the Premiership. 
On that note, I want to add the championship is were we are best suited. 

45 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

9C2A5939-D6FA-49A2-82AE-D50C2190FFBF.jpeg

“Here Paddy. Someone on oneBoro reckons you’re better than me”