• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Back on topic...

If I were Woody, I'd :

1. Try to land a couple of central defenders.

2. Let Paddy, Dael and Britt go. 

3. Wait until the summer for another striker.

Is Roberts prone to injury? Bit surprised that he ended up pulling his hamstring so soon after getting here .

3 minutes ago, BelgianBoro said:

I wouldn't, but horses for courses ...... she's 6 feet under.

Oh right unaware as usual, Elvis was dead and buried 6 months before I realised,In my defence I was on a deployment with the RN at the time and Her Majesty failed to inform me of her demise

• Haha 3
17 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I feel like the best thing we could do this transfer window is tie Ayala down to a new deal. We need a CB for the foreseeable future rather than spending money in someone till the end of the season. 

We need a CB now.

Nathan Wood by himself isn't enough.

We should also tie Ayala down but he'll be out for a month.

18 hours ago, RonnieBobba said:

I think how much people rate Bamford is quite bizarre also. It certainly isn't a hands down decision between Britt and Bamford.

In fact between the 2 their goalscoring records in the championship are remarkably similar. Bamford has 55 in 147 where Britt has 65 from 169, meaning Britts is marginally better. However, I know people are going to say for at least 15-20 of those games Bamford didn't play as a striker but Assombalonga played more under Pulis which is even more of a disadvantage. On a side note, I know Pulis and a number of his staff really didn't see eye to eye with Assombalonga but I can't blame Britt for being a bit annoyed at the tactics being employed which didn't suit his or most strikers games.

I personally think Britt is a better goalscorer than Bamford but Bamford is a more intelligent player. Britt misses more than Bamford granted but he puts himself in those situations to score/miss a lot more than Bamford does also.

Anyhow sorry for sidetracking the thread further I just think the tunnel vision related to Bamford at times is barmy! 

And he's Orta's bitch

The upside to SDS post is that it sounds like someone is willing to pay over the odds for one of our players, which could be reinvested to improve the team further. Fry at £30m for example 

In my opinion, anyone in our squad is replaceable if teams are willing to over pay like that 

• Like 1

As we need to sell players in order to strengthen other positions, I hope that we think long term about building a squad around our young/academy lads who we should not entertain selling unless we get offered crazy money. The likes of Pears, Spence, Wood, Fry, Coulson, Wing and Tavernier should fall into that category. They'll be on more manageable wages, will only improve with the game time that we're in a position to give them and are far more likely to stay here for the longterm, so we need to prioritise keeping them and building around them. I'd hope that we'd be more open to selling the players who are on the far bigger wages, would raise significant transfer fees and whose contracts are expiring in the next 18 months like Assombalonga and McNair - as opposed to the young/academy lads. If one of Assombalonga or McNair leave we're going to need replacements, especially in defence to replace McNair's versatility there. I know football isn't this simple, but I'd happily take selling them two if it meant we could afford to sign Gibson and Roberts on permanent deals. It might even help us afford getting Ayala to agree to a contract extension also.

Sheffield United are looking like they have avoided relegation this season and have a longterm interest in McNair, so they may well come in with a bid for him. He looks the perfect fit for their team with their energetic and physical box-to-box midfielders. £10 million wouldn't be too much to ask considering how well he has done this season in defence and midfield. They're having contract issues with Lundstram who still has not signed a new contract so Wilder might see signing McNair as a bit of kick up the backside to show him that he is replaceable. Besic started ahead of Lundstram last night, which was likely a message to him.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Some players are more willing to change clubs than others....do not expect Fry to be amongst the first to leave ...more like to be midfield/utility player on more money and somewhat older

Howson or McNair ?

not going to get lad who passes stuff along into bother, so best answer i can give is "no comment" or "I cannot confirm or deny that statement".....(not windowcleaner, someone much more connected) 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We need a CB now.

Nathan Wood by himself isn't enough.

We should also tie Ayala down but he'll be out for a month.

Hopefully Shotton and/or Friend are available for the next time we play. Just feel like we wouldn't be able to replace Ayala with a player of equal quality/leadership abilities when players like Flint are being bought for £5/6m. I'd much prefer to give him a contract than pay prem wages to Gibson for half a season.