oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

6 minutes ago, edinboro said:

I reckon Ben would just cover the £30k difference between what we can pay - like Gaston did.

Could SG just give him a really generous christmas / birthday present that coincidentally covers that exact amount? 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Don’t think Woodgate coming out and saying Fry is only going for £30m was the smartest decision. Personally wouldn’t blame Burnley if they came back with pay all his wages or it’s not happening 

4 minutes ago, Bristol_Boro said:

They are not paying that. 

Guesswork journalism 😂

I don't think they've just made it up; he is recorded on payroll sites at 40k so I would guess that's where journos are taking it from.

Out of our current team the only players I can see generating serious interest that would fit the ‘Everyone has a price’ line would be, Paddy, Britt, Fry, Tav and Spence. Personally wouldn’t want any to leave and I’m surprised so many people would be happy to see Paddy sold. I think he’s our best midfielder and will improve us massively when he’s moved back there.  
 If pushed I’d rather see Britt leave over the others but I’d very much like to see a Fletch, Britt, Roberts front 3 

Players I'd accept us selling this window without a replacement: Clayton and Gestede

Players I'd accept us selling with a replacement: Assombalonga, Johnson and Shotton

I'd keep everyone else because our squad is very thin as is and we're heavily reliant on academy players plugging the gaps now.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Bristol_Boro said:

They are not paying that. 

Guesswork journalism 😂

A lot of people are guessing the same wage then, as I've been told that by a credible source and as mentioned it's on several credible sports finance websites. Prem wages are generally easier to access to, so I don't see a reason to doubt the credibility 

9 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

A lot of people are guessing the same wage then, as I've been told that by a credible source and as mentioned it's on several credible sports finance websites. Prem wages are generally easier to access to, so I don't see a reason to doubt the credibility 

If all aspects of the contract were being achieved then yes that would be correct as it stands they are not

7 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Wont be Howson he joined us as he wanted to move back to Yorkshire with his young family.

That’s good then, he is the only older midfield utility man I can think of, unless you class Clayton as a utility man, or McNair as older. Which neither of them are. 

do not expect Fry to be amongst the first to leave ...more like to be midfield/utility player on more money and somewhat older

McNair is somewhat older than Fry and probably the one player in the squad I'd think could be outright classed as a utility player by anyone, he's been that for most his career so far. This absolutely sounds like McNair.

• Like 1