oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

4 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I guess Gibson can just refuse to go to Watford and Burnley will eventually just want him and his wages off the books? What a ridiculous situation though. Wonder if Steve Gibson feels guilty? 

cant imagine we will ever want to deal with Burnley again 

Why would Steve Gibson be feeling guilty? Over his nephews lack of playing time at Burnley?

And why would this put us off dealing with Burnley again? A club wants the best deal it can get for one of its players. Sure that happens in every single deal.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Why would Steve Gibson be feeling guilty? Over his nephews lack of playing time at Burnley?

And why would this put us off dealing with Burnley again? A club wants the best deal it can get for one of its players. Sure that happens in every single deal.

Ben was forced out by his uncle by all accounts on here. Not sure this is a standard situation if Burnley are only saying they will let him come if we sell them Fry but maybe I’m blinded by my dislike of Dyche! 

12 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

A lad I know has been up there today and put a picture online. 

Screenshot_20200125_174121_com.twitter.android.jpg

Picture is Legit... was there last night and today... let's see what next week brings... I'm told he has told Dyche and Burnley only one club he wants to join... if he cant he will stay there until the summer. Cant disclose anymore I'm afraid.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Ben was forced out by his uncle by all accounts on here. Not sure this is a standard situation if Burnley are only saying they will let him come if we sell them Fry but maybe I’m blinded by my dislike of Dyche! 

Not his uncle.... more TP and the necessity to ensure we fell in line with FFP. 

20 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Not his uncle.... more TP and the necessity to ensure we fell in line with FFP. 

The reasons above and also his own desire to play in top flight? He was one of the few positives from our dismal premier league season. He agreed to stay for 1 season to help get us back up which never happened so off he went to try and further his career.

30 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Picture is Legit... was there last night and today... let's see what next week brings... I'm told he has told Dyche and Burnley only one club he wants to join... if he cant he will stay there until the summer. Cant disclose anymore I'm afraid.

I can see it happening because he clearly dosnt want to be there. I understand teams keeping players that want out if there key players but Ben Gibson isn't getting a look in. Makes no sense to keep him. His value will Continue to decrease of he stays there and dosnt play games. 

Only thing that puzzles me is his wages. If he's on 40 grand a week are we gonna give him that aswell 

If we take our rose tinted specs off and look at things from a neutral perspective, do you think coming back here would be a good move for Ben Gibson. 

I'm not sure we are ready as a club to compete for promotion for a while yet and if the rumours are true and clubs like Leeds and Fulham want him on loan then I think there's better options for him. I actually think he's good enough to play in the Premier league if he can find the right club. 

1 minute ago, Duvel said:

If we take our rose tinted specs off and look at things from a neutral perspective, do you think coming back here would be a good move for Ben Gibson. 

I'm not sure we are ready as a club to compete for promotion for a while yet and if the rumours are true and clubs like Leeds and Fulham want him on loan then I think there's better options for him. I actually think he's good enough to play in the Premier league if he can find the right club. 

Maybe he just wants to come home; some players are like that.

• Like 1