oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

2 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

If Fry had no interested he could tell Burnley no and all this would go away.

Bloody hell mate, is there anything you don't blame Fry for?  I'm surprised you haven't suggested he was over in Wuhan a couple of weeks back working on his market stall there 🙄

• Haha 2
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Just now, Changing Times said:

Matt Le Tissier.  I think if it does happen then it tends to be players who have a strong connection to a club.  Being a Boro fan and your family owning the club is about as strong of a connection as you are going to find.

I'm not saying it never happens, Shearer is another who probably put affection for the area ahead of his career. 

Maybe I'm just surprised that he might want to come back here permanently when we seem to be a club in transition, or maybe he believes Woodgate is going to take us back to the promised land. 

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Bloody hell mate, is there anything you don't blame Fry for?  I'm surprised you haven't suggested he was over in Wuhan a couple of weeks back working on his market stall there 🙄

I'm sure someone could start a thread to list all the things Dael Fry is responsible for. 

1 minute ago, Duvel said:

I'm not saying it never happens, Shearer is another who probably put affection for the area ahead of his career. 

Maybe I'm just surprised that he might want to come back here permanently when we seem to be a club in transition, or maybe he believes Woodgate is going to take us back to the promised land. 

Maybe he's courting a young lady who works at Rockliffe Hall and that's why he can't keep away?

19 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I could be in a career with much greater prospects, financially and otherwise what most would consider more rewarding, than the career I'm in right now. I could have stayed in London doing a job I didn't find that interesting with people and money that was good that could have probably set me up nicely by now.

But I'm not driven by those things. It sounds to me like Gibson isn't driven by wanting to just play at the highest level, he wants to do it with us and only us. I suspect if I was in his position, I'd feel exactly the same. Times can be up and down at your hometown club but it's your club and always will be and if you could influence the fortunes of your club, perhaps that's worth more to you than playing in the Premier League at a mid-table side or even beyond.

So if you ask if it's a good move for him, it's entirely in the context of his own mindset and beliefs. If he's driven by wanting to play for this club and this club alone, and helping us achieve the things he wants to achieve as an individual, then it's the only move he should want to make. A lot of footballers pursue this mercenary-style career where success is determined by the level you play at and competitions you win but it doesn't mean his own career isn't a success in his own eyes if he doesn't want to pursue that.

Excellent post @wilsoncgp

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Maybe he's courting a young lady who works at Rockliffe Hall and that's why he can't keep away?

Isn't he married? Theres no way he'd keep an affair secret with all the stalkers on here. 

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'll be honest, I don't follow the social lives of our players as much as I probably could 😞

Me neither, I haven't hid in the bushes at Rockliffe for ages. 

Toney being scouted by Celtic....makes sense in a way.roughly same level as League 1 in most games...they can certainly match wages and almost guaranteed Champions League football... they could probably convince him it is not as far north as Middlesbrough..and if he is successful there, then who knows, he could be the new Kris Boyd

1 minute ago, Old Codger said:

Toney being scouted by Celtic....makes sense in a way.roughly same level as League 1 in most games...they can certainly match wages and almost guaranteed Champions League football... they could probably convince him it is not as far north as Middlesbrough..and if he is successful there, then who knows, he could be the new Kris Boyd

Scotland isn’t as far north as Middlesbrough?? Are you sure?

well legend has it that Keegan convinced Lee Newcastle was closer to London than Boro, so I wouldn't dare argue with someone who would just love ....probably all a little before your time, but it was widely quoted as being true when it (allegedly) happened  

• Like 1