oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

15 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Bailey tweet..........

My guess is the big contract announcement is probably Spence. I know it could be Howson and Ayala but I just feel it would create a bigger buzz amongst the fans if Spence extended his contract with 5 years.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

My guess is the big contract announcement is probably Spence. I know it could be Howson and Ayala but I just feel it would create a bigger buzz amongst the fans if Spence extended his contract with 5 years.

Tav according to team talk. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Never heard of him.

1 goal to his name this season for Monaco. Was a huge talent a few years ago but hasn't really kicked on. I'm not sure it's such a huge deal, but I suppose it could work out like a "Gaston signing".

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-middlesbrough-star-tavernier-all-set-to-sign-new-contract

Yeah Teamtalk (Bailey the writer I guess) say Tavs signed up, that leaves Spence and then the senior lads.

Also for the first time I can remember a couple of days ago the Gazette joined the Echo in confirming Clayton's up at the end of this season not 2021 after months of claiming he was the latter. Honestly if Ayala is possible sign him up but Howson, I mean if Tav's a CM moving forward and McNair's there plus Wing I don't see a point to resigning Howson he's not as good going forward as them and we should sign a proper holding midfielder in the summer which he isn't either so I'm not sure with resigning him, I can see the case for his versatility and the fact we're losing so many players I guess you try to resign him but personally I'm not sold he'd be a key player for us next season.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-middlesbrough-star-tavernier-all-set-to-sign-new-contract

Yeah Teamtalk (Bailey the writer I guess) say Tavs signed up, that leaves Spence and then the senior lads.

Also for the first time I can remember a couple of days ago the Gazette joined the Echo in confirming Clayton's up at the end of this season not 2021 after months of claiming he was the latter. Honestly if Ayala is possible sign him up but Howson, I mean if Tav's a CM moving forward and McNair's there plus Wing I don't see a point to resigning Howson he's not as good going forward as them and we should sign a proper holding midfielder in the summer which he isn't either so I'm not sure with resigning him, I can see the case for his versatility and the fact we're losing so many players I guess you try to resign him but personally I'm not sold he'd be a key player for us next season.

He might not be a key player, but as you say he is versatile and can fill in at CM, RB, RWB and now CD. If it's true that he is willing to accept around 8k then I think it would be a wise choice. He is the kind of player that can play on until he's in his late 30's like Barry. I'd much rather lose Clayton and offload Saville.

I'm sure Howson will find his way into the team regardless of where he gets to play. He does the business, bags of experience and is a leader on the pitch. I'd say it's pretty likely that he'll take the arm-band if Friend leaves this summer too. Especially in a Championship team, having his energy available to us even as a second choice midfielder could be invaluable. If we're talking losing Howson because we have McNair, Tav and Wing I think you're missing an important point of what he brings to us. There's a lot of experienced players whose contracts are running out, losing them all at once will leave us begging for leaders or expecting more from young players. If the money can be right for Howson and Ayala to stay for another couple of years, I'd be happy with that. I'd rather do that and keep players we know than go out hunting for someone else to do the same thing.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Borodane said:

1 goal to his name this season for Monaco. Was a huge talent a few years ago but hasn't really kicked on. I'm not sure it's such a huge deal, but I suppose it could work out like a "Gaston signing".

It'll be interesting to see how he does then. 

3 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko
Watford. Taking a big interest in Ben Gibson at Burnley. More online later.

If it is true about Ben ONLY wanting to come home, they can have all the interest in the world, it shouldn't matter much.

I can see Gibson ending up at Watford. Even if he has told Burnley that he only wants to come here there is not much he can do if they won't accept our offer. If watford is the only offer that is accepted Ben will probably go there and it could be a decent move for him providing Pearson believes in him.

Just now, Brunners said:

If it is true about Ben ONLY wanting to come home, they can have all the interest in the world, it shouldn't matter much.

But would he rather sit in the burnley stands if Watford is the only club to have a bid accepted. I don't think so.

Just now, Borodane said:

But would he rather sit in the burnley stands if Watford is the only club to have a bid accepted. I don't think so.

Depends how homesick he really is I suppose - would heading down essentially towards London be good for him if that's the case?

Just spitballing here, no idea whether he is genuinely homesick or not.