• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Didn't one of the ITKers say that the deal was all agreed and the only hold up was that Burnley were wanting to sign a replacement? 

And that was the major problem because the only player they wanted to replace Gibson was Fry and we weren't interested in selling him?

53 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Carter Vickers we are pushing for again. He was at rockcliffe in summer and he is due back again tomorrow. Gibson still isn’t happening pretty much completely stalled now as said a few days ago premiership all wages paid likelyhood.

Not a fan of Carter Vickers at all. hope we don't get him. Rather have Wood and Mcnair in the centre with Howson as back up than him

Didn't realise Burnley have recalled Nakhi Wells from QPR, they want him permanently but he could end up further up the table. Be good to see someone lower down get weakened, Wells has the third highest number of goals in the League this season and the lowest minutes per goal at 124, 5 minutes less than one of the top scorers Mitrovic.

Surely any deal we get needs to be with next season in mind? We're not going to go up this season, but I'd much rather have players play with a view to a team next year. 

Theres not a lot of point giving someone else game time if they're going to go elsewhere in the summer because we're just taking away experience opportunity for those we currently have. 

Unless it's purely for people who could "do a job" that is .

• Like 5
1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

Surely any deal we get needs to be with next season in mind? We're not going to go up this season, but I'd much rather have players play with a view to a team next year. 

Theres not a lot of point giving someone else game time if they're going to go elsewhere in the summer because we're just taking away experience opportunity for those we currently have. 

Unless it's purely for people who could "do a job" that is .

I'm with this except for at CB we've got our best midfielder back there right now I'd rather see McNair play the last 4 months of the season in midfield and if a Benkovic on a cheap loan premised on us playing him is necessary for that I think it makes sense.

But your concern is spot on our squad will have more holes than Mowbray's trialist extravaganza summer the way it's looking it's going to be a hell of an upheaval required in the summer whether people like it or not Britt will have to go as well we can't renew him and letting a 15 million pound asset run down his contract further than July would be madness.

I'll say this we're clearly heavily scouting strikers at the moment between the Scottish league strikers and the Clarke-Harris/Toney links I'd say we are turning the wheel on summer recruitment already but we're leaving alot of work to be done longer term and having more people on our books permanently is going to be important.

I think the majority of the fans would accept bedding players in for next year, whilst still being competitive. 

I for one just hope and pray we sign people who are a fit for the direction we are heading in. If Benkovic is only coming til the summer I'd honestly rather just stick Wood in there and let him learn. 

4 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I think the majority of the fans would accept bedding players in for next year, whilst still being competitive. 

I for one just hope and pray we sign people who are a fit for the direction we are heading in. If Benkovic is only coming til the summer I'd honestly rather just stick Wood in there and let him learn. 

That’s almost suicidal imo

2 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

We still need to ensure Championship survival for this season, and have not guaranteed it yet. At the moment we have one fit centre back and he is a 17 year old who made his league debut last weekend. We have two midfielders who can cover at centre back and have been doing a respectable job there when called upon to do so.  It would only take a couple of losses with otger results going against us for us to be teetering just above the drop zone again and at risk of a relegation battle. Going into the next phase of the season with one fit CB would be very risky. We have no idea when any of the injured players will be back in the match squad and if they will stay fit. All four of them have already re-injured this season.

• Like 6