oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

14 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not that I think it's us, but apparently Marcus Maddison isn't going to Charlton or to Birmingham.

The owner expects him to go to an unnamed mid table Championship team who are about to sell players.

Hull are selling Grosicki. Seems like a straight swap. 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

No nothing as we speak. Carter Vickers was hijacked by Southampton meant to come here for talks but they jumped in.  Gibson as said from beginning is not in talks and hasn’t been likelyhood premiership club all wages paid. tried but don’t have means to get it done. Wouldn’t be surprised if it ended as it is now. No fault of club just market as it is. 

Cue the meltdown in countdown GIF

Wonder if we'll have any interest in Ryan Bennett in the next couples of days since he's been made available for loan he's used to a 3 at the back always done well at our level and would slot in well for a few months plus it sounds like Wolves are moving on from him so if he does well enough we might be able to sign him on the cheap in the summer.

22 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

No nothing as we speak. Carter Vickers was hijacked by Southampton meant to come here for talks but they jumped in.  Gibson as said from beginning is not in talks and hasn’t been likelyhood premiership club all wages paid. tried but don’t have means to get it done. Wouldn’t be surprised if it ended as it is now. No fault of club just market as it is. 

Haven't seen anywhere that Southampton are interested. They have just got that walker Peters aswell. Could this be a misunderstanding between the 2 

38 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Wonder if we'll have any interest in Ryan Bennett in the next couples of days since he's been made available for loan he's used to a 3 at the back always done well at our level and would slot in well for a few months plus it sounds like Wolves are moving on from him so if he does well enough we might be able to sign him on the cheap in the summer.

I’d rather sign no one than him

Edited by Adamjr9
  • Confused 2
6 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Haven't seen anywhere that Southampton are interested. They have just got that walker Peters aswell. Could this be a misunderstanding between the 2 

Was meant to say Fulham was reading article on Southampton at time sorry

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Raf smog said:

Yet another poor window have 1 fit center back and no winger's now Robert's injured!

10 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Yet another poor window have 1 fit center back and no winger's now Robert's injured!

Shotton and Friend are back in training. Not ideal no, but not completely shambles. 

Problem with Shotton is he seems to be taking longer and longer to recover.

And Friend just seems like he has run himself into the ground for us.

My worry is we go on another bad run and slide down the table again.

I really think we need 2 centre backs to allow Paddy and Howson a break and to play in midfield. Howson must be knackered.

14 hours ago, TLF10 said:

There isn't but there must be a reason why two left footers never formed a partnership unless am wrong.

I remember when Liverpool signed Sakho, Rodgers sold Agger and cited fact two entirely left footers would struggle to play together long term. 

I assume it doesn’t happen because about 9 out of 10 people are right footed so it’s just a lot more unlikely. Not sure it’s particularly clever of Rogers to sell someone Just because he was left footed, There were no doubt other reasons.