oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

4 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Harsh to call it poor

This sums up how low of a bar the club is setting. I mean at the end the day we have brought in 2 loans of which one is now injured and a foreign goalkeeper that of which no one heard of until he signed for us. Hardly unearthing gems 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

4 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

This sums up how low of a bar the club is setting. I mean at the end the day we have brought in 2 loans of which one is now injured and a foreign goalkeeper that of which no one heard of until he signed for us. Hardly unearthing gems 

Playing Devil's Advocate here but isn't the definition of "unearthing gems" finding good players nobody has heard of? Otherwise you wouldn't be unearthing them....

So we may have done just that if Stojanovic comes good! Couldnt say I've heard of Nmecha before he signed for us either but he's looked lively what little he has played for us and could turn out to be alright.

Roberts is slightly different in that he's been a known quantity for a while, but he still looked like he was going to be a good signing for us before the injury. He again looked like he could be a good player for us when he was buzzing round, and almost everyone was commending the club on here for making the right kind of signing. It was just unfortunate his hammy went. You can hardly hold that as a black mark against the club's transfers this window.

• Like 1

One in. Think we will get that defender. Might not be our first choice, but we will get someone to see us through the last months. Can't pin so much pressure on Wood. The occasional outing is decent but you don't want to be in a situation where he has to start without a real defensive partner. Fry debuted at a very early age too and looked promising but it took a few years for him to become a main fixture in the side.

Zero out (first team players that is. Might send a few young ones out)

2 in, 1 out.

We will get 1 defender in,  as BD says may not be our first choice.

Also got a funny feeling someone is gonna get desperate and bid for someone like Britt on last day, which will see a mad dash ending in us getting in a forward from the Scottish/Lower Leagues

I hope we sign someone worthy under the radar, out of the blue ... 

I heard talk yesterday of a plane from Madrid landing at Durham Tees Valley .. 

Anyone heard this too.. Haven't seen it mentioned here...

Just now, SmogDane said:

Are we finally signing Jesé

Just now, SmogDane said:

Also saw the post, but you have to take those things with a pinch of salt of course 

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18196623.boro-set-final-push-watford-target-howson-set-stay/

Apparently make or break last move for Gibson in the next 24 hours, we are trying to get an attacking player in along with a CB. This time tomorrow if Benkovic is gone along with Gibson I wouldn't be surprised to hear Ryan Bennett's music as he starts to look better the more desperate we get for a CB.

I wouldn't call this window good just because we're leaving ourselves alot of work to do in the summer, trusting the Boro recruitment team to fill 2-3 gaps under Pulis was hard enough trusting them to fill 7-8 gaps is a big leap I can't make myself the club have set up next summer as a magical time where the wage expenses will be halved new FFP period etc the pressure they're going to be under to bring in new attackers and defenders there's not much point being ultra critical of them when this season's a dud anyway I have a feeling there'll be plenty to criticise them for come August.