• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18196623.boro-set-final-push-watford-target-howson-set-stay/

Apparently make or break last move for Gibson in the next 24 hours, we are trying to get an attacking player in along with a CB. This time tomorrow if Benkovic is gone along with Gibson I wouldn't be surprised to hear Ryan Bennett's music as he starts to look better the more desperate we get for a CB.

I wouldn't call this window good just because we're leaving ourselves alot of work to do in the summer, trusting the Boro recruitment team to fill 2-3 gaps under Pulis was hard enough trusting them to fill 7-8 gaps is a big leap I can't make myself the club have set up next summer as a magical time where the wage expenses will be halved new FFP period etc the pressure they're going to be under to bring in new attackers and defenders there's not much point being ultra critical of them when this season's a dud anyway I have a feeling there'll be plenty to criticise them for come August.

Personally I think Ryan Bennet would be a very good addition. He's done really well at Wolves and their fans have really liked him. How anyone doesn't think he would be a good addition in our position is beyond med. 40 games last season and 19 this season for a very good Wolves side is more than we could realistically expect. Better signing than Benkovic and a lot more match fit than Gibson. I'd take him in a heartbeat. Also very accustomed to 3 at the back. Quite surprised that Wolves are willing to loan him out, but I guess it's because they want to sell him in the summer. He'll be 30 by then so probably not one for us.

• Like 3

Looks like West Ham are in the market for a striker. Could end up looking at the Championship if they fail on the continent. Been linked with Kalou from Berlin although I don't think a 34 year old will do it for them. Just make a desperate bid for Britt.

8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Looks like West Ham are in the market for a striker. Could end up looking at the Championship if they fail on the continent. Been linked with Kalou from Berlin although I don't think a 34 year old will do it for them. Just make a desperate bid for Britt.

We need to keep Britt until the summer, if he went now we wouldn't have the time to replace him and weather people like Britt or not he would have to be replaced

2 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Britt isn't going

I know you keep saying that but realistically the club isn't going to turn down offers that meet our evaluation or maybe even exceed it. Come summer he'll have 1 year left on a contract that we can't afford to renew unless he is willing to take a massive paycut. After tomorrow he value is going to decrease. It'll also be easier for him to negotiate a good contract if the club is desperate in these closing days. 

I don't think we are going to see any significant bids for him, but if a club offers 10 mil. in desperation I think he is off.

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I know you keep saying that but realistically the club isn't going to turn down offers that meet our evaluation or maybe even exceed it. Come summer he'll have 1 year left on a contract that we can't afford to renew unless he is willing to take a massive paycut. After tomorrow he value is going to decrease. It'll also be easier for him to negotiate a good contract if the club is desperate in these closing days. 

I don't think we are going to see any significant bids for him, but if a club offers 10 mil. in desperation I think he is off.

It would take more than 10m, and no one will pay anywhere near that.  Just saying. Already batted away lucrative loan fee for him. Way deals are structured its not as simple as "take what you can get for him" either. Clubs aren't going to be that desperate and ive been told he's going nowhere

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/watford-transfer-news-ben-gibson-on-loan-a4348726.html

Sounds from London that Watford are very serious about wanting Gibson still. That 50k a week figure for Gibson is awfully widespread why are we even 'targetting' Gibson at that wage yet alone as a primary target?

Apparently Watford are offering to cover all of his wage and want an option to buy in the summer, all the Rockliffe trips in the world can't convince me he's remotely viable when 1) That's the competition's offer 2) He'd blow up the idea of shrinking our wage structure down even if we pull of a heavily wage subsidised loan it seems foolish to me.

10 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/watford-transfer-news-ben-gibson-on-loan-a4348726.html

Sounds from London that Watford are very serious about wanting Gibson still. That 50k a week figure for Gibson is awfully widespread why are we even 'targetting' Gibson at that wage yet alone as a primary target?

Apparently Watford are offering to cover all of his wage and want an option to buy in the summer, all the Rockliffe trips in the world can't convince me he's remotely viable when 1) That's the competition's offer 2) He'd blow up the idea of shrinking our wage structure down even if we pull of a heavily wage subsidised loan it seems foolish to me.

Unless we're stringing ourselves along, we wouldn't still be trying to get him if we don't think it's viable. 

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Unless we're stringing ourselves along, we wouldn't still be trying to get him if we don't think it's viable. 

I understand maybe thinking it's viable when you're trying to talk % of wages covered we'll get him playing for you send him back in the summer more match ready for your pre season which seems like the case a week ago. But if the Standard have Watford's offer right we surely can't compete with it, if we do somehow maybe because Burnley really don't want to have the option to buy included or strengthen a rival we'd be throwing 7 figures in wages plus a loan fee down the drain for not any particularly good reason which probably adds up to half of what we spent in the summer on a 4 month loan seems counterproductive and a little contradictory to how we supposedly value every penny nowadays.