oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

15 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I understand maybe thinking it's viable when you're trying to talk % of wages covered we'll get him playing for you send him back in the summer more match ready for your pre season which seems like the case a week ago. But if the Standard have Watford's offer right we surely can't compete with it, if we do somehow maybe because Burnley really don't want to have the option to buy included or strengthen a rival we'd be throwing 7 figures in wages plus a loan fee down the drain for not any particularly good reason which probably adds up to half of what we spent in the summer on a 4 month loan seems counterproductive and a little contradictory to how we supposedly value every penny nowadays.

We want a permenant in the summer too. We wouldn't cover all his wages, I doubt we'd pay a significant loan fee. 

Why would they want to strengthen a rival for the sake of £400-500k?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Lots of clubs looking for the same players in the championship, all can offer roughly the same wage setups, so factors like location and contacts will be key factors. FFP limits what can be done as well. 

Whether we can actually get our first choices through the door opens up the question is a 3rd or 4th choice addition worth getting rather than sitting tight and having more resources to get 1st or 2nd choice next window.

• Like 1

Morning all. Just wanted to say thanks for all your information and rumours. The past few windows would have been a dark and sinister place without my knowledge of this thread (turns out they were dark and sinister places anyway) 🙂

Thanks to SDS, raf and Lurker for putting your info out there and sorry if I've missed anyone.

What better place to hang my hat and what better time to join than as the deadline looms.

👍🏻

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Liquid said:

Morning all. Just wanted to say thanks for all your information and rumours. The past few windows would have been a dark and sinister place without my knowledge of this thread (turns out they were dark and sinister places anyway) 🙂

Thanks to SDS, raf and Lurker for putting your info out there and sorry if I've missed anyone.

What better place to hang my hat and what better time to join than as the deadline looms.

👍🏻

Welcome to the forum, good to have you aboard!

• Like 1

New offer for Gibson going in shortly... loan to buy.. boro offering to cover more wages... less loan fee.

Benkovic also still keen... leicester need 1 in before anything moves there..

Laurent from Shrews being looked at. Would be a buy.

That's all I have folks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3