• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Would it be a loan or a contract termination leading to a 6 month contract with an option? That's the arrangement Pardew was rumoured to be lining up for him a couple of weeks ago he only has months left on his 1 year contract with Sheffield.

As punts go he's not a bad one his salary is rumoured to be 15k a week not terribly expensive, he's also a good age and could be here next season there is potential positives in Morrison but it would be a punt.

7 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Middlesbrough boss Jonathan Woodgate is ready to give Ravel Morrison a chance to kick start his career. The former Manchester United prospect can leave Sheffield United after trying his luck with them this season. Boro want to give Morrison a deal to get playing and fulfil the potential of his early days at Old Trafford.

Morrison is expected to take the move and sort out a contract for the rest of the season as Woodgate looks to improve his squad on a tight budget. The 26-year-old was highly rated as a youngster but has never gone on to show his talent.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10854745/ravel-morrison-to-be-handed-career-lifeline-by-middlesbrough/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1580392775

FFS

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

So much ability, but never reached his potential. On his day, he’d still be one of the better players in the league. 
If it’s low risk/cheap then I’m all for it. nothing to lose. 

I agree, if he’s coming on a free and sees  this as his last opportunity, he might be worth a punt. 

• Like 1

I think it's a permanent signing, right?

He actually has a good injury record I thought he'd had some bad ones but looking into it he seems like that isn't his issue. 40 games in 5 years aint great but 6 month contract is pretty low risk for us.

7 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Would it be a loan or a contract termination leading to a 6 month contract with an option? That's the arrangement Pardew was rumoured to be lining up for him a couple of weeks ago he only has months left on his 1 year contract with Sheffield.

As punts go he's not a bad one his salary is rumoured to be 15k a week not terribly expensive, he's also a good age and could be here next season there is potential positives in Morrison but it would be a punt.

15k!!!!! He's not worth a third of that so I hope Sheffield are massively contributing. He´s turning 27 this week and it hasn't clicked for him in the Premier League, the Championship, in italy, Mexico or Sweden. I'd be very surprised that it clicked for him here. The fact that he can earn 15k a week is insane and hopefully not what we are paying for a waster like that. He managed a whopping 404 minutes last season i Sweden and 202 minutes this season. 

3 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

All I’ll say is, how many of you wrote Traore off and said he’d never get to where he did 😶

While I understand your point; there's a bit of a difference between a 21 year old Traore who just hadn't put it together yet and a 26 year old Ravel Morrison with about 8 clubs in the last 8 years and noted attitude issues.