oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

5 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

@Lurker  @Smoggydownsouth @Raf smog the gazette name checked Maddison as a target we have been keeping tabs on and now there is financial wriggle room. Is there something in that? 

Nope not to my knowledge... however I knew nothing about Ravel morrison watching training and being shown round Rockcliffe today either.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Just now, Brunners said:

Mate...we play a 532...

We play very different to Sheff U's system though we have been using the 523 recently as well but the 532 we played with Roberts was more a 5311 I'm saying in Wilder's 532 with the channel runner types he never really fit and they never play wingers. 

Nmecha from the left and Morrison from the right might be the idea here Woodgate seems insistent on the 523 lately.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Look, if we're paying him anywhere close to £15k a week then sure; I'll be right there with you calling it a waste of time.

However, potentially high reward player coming in to salvage a career on a short term deal is about as low risk as you can get. Especially for a team like ours that can barely field a full squad atm without filling it full of teenagers.

Based on what? Alex Ferguson's thoughts on him nearly 10 years ago?

Some players just don't make it, Bryn Morris was the dogs *** coming through the academy and was being looked at by Chelsea, Man U and the likes, he currently plays for Portsmouth.

Just now, Will said:

Some players just don't make it, Bryn Morris was the dogs *** coming through the academy and was being looked at by Chelsea, Man U and the likes, he currently plays for Portsmouth.

I just don't believe you end up on the books of 3 different premier league teams & a Serie A team without having potential. It has to be something other than a talent problem with him, and that makes it worth a punt in our situation IMO.

1 minute ago, Will said:

There’s literally nothing to lose. The potential positives massively outweigh the negatives. If he’s a *** and turns out crap, then bin him off after 6 months. If he’s good, sign him up on a longer contract in the summer. 

We need bodies, we don’t have anyone creative apart from Roberts and hes now out for 2 months.

Like Will I'd like to know what the potential reward is with Morrison, because I have seen nothing to suggest that there is a reward since he left United 8 years ago after playing just 3 games. If it wasn't because he came from Uniteds academy he'd probably have spent a career in lower league football.

2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

There’s literally nothing to lose. The potential positives massively outweigh the negatives. If he’s a *** and turns out crap, then bin him off after 6 months. If he’s good, sign him up on a longer contract in the summer. 

We need bodies, we don’t have anyone creative apart from Roberts and hes now out for 2 months.

Other than the money we're paying him to sign, the money we're paying his agent, the money we pay him every month. And that's before we even talk about potentially disrupting squad harmony.

I see no positive from this, and I'll be delighted to be proved wrong, but I'm almost certain I won't be.

Just now, Will said:

Other than the money we're paying him to sign, the money we're paying his agent, the money we pay him every month. And that's before we even talk about potentially disrupting squad harmony.

I see no positive from this, and I'll be delighted to be proved wrong, but I'm almost certain I won't be.

Doom and gloom